Page 219 of 271 FirstFirst ... 214215216217218219220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JR123 View Post
    Well OK, maybe another week or two. But I don't mind, I've been listening to my trusty old Sierra-1s A LOT lately. And stocking up on my first batch of SACDs so I can let the RAALs shine.
    Tower cabinets just arrived (finally) -- thanks for your patience. I am hopeful we will be caught up with all tower backorders by the end of next week.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Im looking to upgrade to towers. I did a search and can't find what feet come with the towers? spikes, blunt feet or no feet at all?

music guy

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Tower cabinets just arrived (finally) -- thanks for your patience. I am hopeful we will be caught up with all tower backorders by the end of next week.
    Not a problem at all. I've been getting ready for them almost like a new baby is on the way. The new SACDs sound incredible on my Sierra-1s, and I was lucky enough to get an Oppo UDP-205 a few weeks before they announced their farewell. I'll miss Oppo. I've been spinning discs in their players going back to when the BDP-83 was new.

Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    Im looking to upgrade to towers. I did a search and can't find what feet come with the towers? spikes, blunt feet or no feet at all?

music guy
    This review says that the towers come with "a set of robust floor spikes."
    http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...er_speaker.htm

This review says that the towers come with "a set of robust floor spikes."
    http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...er_speaker.htm
    The are basic rubbery spikes, they are all you really need. I don't use them since I am on a carpet

"Rubbery spikes"? Strange. The towers I received a couple of months ago came with full-on adjustable metal spikes complete with protective discs for solid floors. they also come with stick-on rubber pads. or you can use without anything on the bottom for carpet. (Although...I've been told spikes are best for carpet to get a solid connection with the floor?? maybe just personal preference)

Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    Im looking to upgrade to towers. I did a search and can't find what feet come with the towers? spikes, blunt feet or no feet at all? music guy
    Our towers have always come with high quality metal floor spikes with floor protection discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick_Derosa View Post
    The are basic rubbery spikes, they are all you really need. I don't use them since I am on a carpet
    They are actually black chrome plated aluminum.

Please see attached and I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Not a problem at all. I've been getting ready for them almost like a new baby is on the way. The new SACDs sound incredible on my Sierra-1s, and I was lucky enough to get an Oppo UDP-205 a few weeks before they announced their farewell. I'll miss Oppo. I've been spinning discs in their players going back to when the BDP-83 was new.
    Thanks again for your patience. Yeah, I was shocked at the news about OPPO. We use a BDP-105 here at the office and it has been great. I put my name on the interest list for the UDP-205 as they were all out when I checked
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

@davef

Thank you for the reply and image of spikes. Im about 3 weeks from ordering my new towers. Cherry with RAAL tweeter.

music guy

@ascend

thread pitch and thread count? Id like to buy some bolts and use a "soft" set up. I have hard wood floors. I did this for a pair of speakers before. Bought bolts and coated them in "dipped rubber" so i could move them around till perfect then installed spikes with disc.

music guy.