Page 217 of 271 FirstFirst ... 212213214215216217218219220221222 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycuz2k View Post
    Ugh, getting the upgrade bug, I’ve gone from the the Sierra-1 NrTs to the Sierra 2s. Added a RAAL Horizon, then added the Luna’s to my office setup. Now I’m thinking about replacing the Sierra 2s in my bedroom/2 channel listening room with the RAAL towers for the better midrange. Anyone want to speak to the incremental improvements of the RAAL towers over the Sierra 2s? Have a rythmik f12 to fill up the low end... or should I go with a second f12?
    How large is your room and how far back are you sitting from the speakers? Do you know what performance aspect you are looking to improve upon? Do you actually need more bass in the room?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Ugh, getting the upgrade bug, I’ve gone from the the Sierra-1 NrTs to the Sierra 2s. Added a RAAL Horizon, then added the Luna’s to my office setup. Now I’m thinking about replacing the Sierra 2s in my bedroom/2 channel listening room with the RAAL towers for the better midrange. Anyone want to speak to the incremental improvements of the RAAL towers over the Sierra 2s? Have a rythmik f12 to fill up the low end... or should I go with a second f12?
    If you are looking for more clean volume and better midrange, upgrading to the Towers will kill the upgrade bug. If its more bass I would question the room .
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    How large is your room and how far back are you sitting from the speakers? Do you know what performance aspect you are looking to improve upon? Do you actually need more bass in the room?
    My room is 12 ft wide, 18 ft deep, with 13 ft ceilings. My listening position is 8-10 ft from the speakers. For the music I listen to, bass is perfectly adequate at the listening position.

Just curious if anyone here has gone from regular Sierra 1s to the Towers with RAAL tweeters? What is that jump like?

This is for two channel stereo only, 70% music / 30% movies (thanks to the old fashioned RCA stereo outputs on my Oppo Blu-ray player).

Seems like it should be a rather epic jump in sound quality, even though I *love* my Sierra 1s.

My room is 12 ft wide, 18 ft deep, with 13 ft ceilings. My listening position is 8-10 ft from the speakers. For the music I listen to, bass is perfectly adequate at the listening position.
    For your size room, I really don't see much benefit of adding a second F12 other than to improve the overall in-room response of the lowest octave. The towers will improve upon all of the other 9 octaves that you hear so if you want the biggest upgrade, go with the ribbon towers
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by JR123 View Post
    Just curious if anyone here has gone from regular Sierra 1s to the Towers with RAAL tweeters? What is that jump like?

This is for two channel stereo only, 70% music / 30% movies (thanks to the old fashioned RCA stereo outputs on my Oppo Blu-ray player).

Seems like it should be a rather epic jump in sound quality, even though I *love* my Sierra 1s.
    We have many customers who have made this jump - I would say it is a very considerable upgrade in all performance aspects.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wanger 714 View Post
    The're plenty loud for me ..I have a 200 watt amp ( Outlaw 7500) I also purchased a pair of PSA 18's for that headroom thump and warmth at those hi levels ... I play them 110 db plus sometimes, showing them off ... That's pretty damn loud ....And at those levels, there crystal clear and detailed . I play everything , including mostly rock and roll, and progressive jazz
    I am looking to upgrade to the nrt towers. I listen to a lot of rock and roll and at high volumes as well. Out of curiosity where do you have the towers crossed over while listening at a high volume.
    Andrew
    -------------------------

TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR706, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Blu Ray: Sony BDP-N460
    Fronts/Center/Surrounds: Sierra Towers Nrt, Sierra-1, HTM-200
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK-4

Just placed my order for towers with the RAAL tweeter. Very excited! I haven't bought new speakers in 7 or 8 years, so it's time.

Dave,

Can outriggers be fitted to the towers? If so which do you recommend?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kirky27 View Post
    Dave,

Can outriggers be fitted to the towers? If so which do you recommend?

Thanks.
    I've heard good things about these guys: http://www.soundocity.com/products.html
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables