Page 215 of 271 FirstFirst ... 210211212213214215216217218219220 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by rneill View Post
    I was out of town last week and the father in-law came over to visit while I was away. He of course wanted to know why I needed new speakers when I already had three pairs of axioms lol To be fair the axioms with my emotiva gear was probably the best setup he has ever heard. Anyway I gotta love my wife when he asked she just turned it on for him, his response was "Oh"

This is hilarious. I'm afraid my father's hearing loss has gotten to a point where he probably wouldn't notice the difference in his advanced age.

Does anyone here have color regret? Initially, I went for gloss black. Then I swapped to satin espresso. Now I wonder whether I shouldn't have gone for natural bamboo. LOL. I'm getting ready to move back to So Cal, and I'm wondering whether this isn't an opportunity to sell my espresso towers and buy natural bamboo. Does anyone own natural bamboo towers? I've seen the website photos but I'd love to see photos of them in the wild.
    Last edited by bkdc; 03-30-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    This is hilarious. I'm afraid my father's hearing loss has gotten to a point where he probably wouldn't notice the difference in his advanced age.

Does anyone here have color regret? Initially, I went for gloss black. Then I swapped to satin espresso. Now I wonder whether I shouldn't have gone for natural bamboo. LOL. I'm getting ready to move back to So Cal, and I'm wondering whether this isn't an opportunity to sell my espresso towers and buy natural bamboo. Does anyone own natural bamboo towers? I've seen the website photos but I'd love to see photos of them in the wild.
    Let me know if you decide to sell them. I also live in So Cal but I'm assuming you would prefer to sell them before the move?

Quote Originally Posted by Dxman View Post
    Let me know if you decide to sell them. I also live in So Cal but I'm assuming you would prefer to sell them before the move?
    Ditto. Put me in line if you decide to move them then sell them!

Any updates on when new tower orders will be shipping? Last I heard was end of April/early May, are we still on track for that? Getting excited to finally hear these!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrowing View Post
    Any updates on when new tower orders will be shipping? Last I heard was end of April/early May, are we still on track for that? Getting excited to finally hear these!
    Due to the current bamboo shortage, we are running a small run of tower cabinets right now. These should be complete within 2 weeks. The next run of tower cabinets should be ready mid-July (big run). It would be best to give us a call and speak with Dina to determine which run your order is part of.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrowing View Post
    It is WORTH THE WAIT!

I'm waiting on my towers and center and sierra 2's right now and 2 rhythmik subs. Can't wait to hear them. Its gonna be a long 3 weeks

Dina just emailed and said it is about a week until shipping. Can't wait!

Hi, I am a new and EXTREMELY happy owner of a pair of ascend ribbon towers. I have been driving around and auditioning several speakers, most notably B&W CM10s, Martin Logans, etc... I first found out about Ascends in 2012, have been reading and researching since then. I quite frankly was expecting something very good, but nothing prepared me for what I heard when I plugged them in. My 10 year old said her ears feel weird, as if they got unclogged.
    I am not well equipped to put what I hear in words, but one word jumps out - resolution. I can hear Jane swaying to her own song and her mouth moving millimeters closer to the microphone. The 192kHz FLACs of Norah Jones sound hallucinogenic, when the screen turns off for pure audio, I subconsciously start looking for her, she must be right in front of me, little to the left, how is it I can not see her?
    Accuracy and fantastic sound stage are of course the next attributes that one notices. In the ned, I have not heard a better sounding speakers.

I manually equalized using my Yamaha 3010's PEQ, measuring with REW and a umik microphone on a laptop. The original YPAO equalization was too conservative (as measured by REW) and the manual one was much more effective at flattening the curve, but involved.

I also loved the finish, workmanship and the looks of the speakers that I took some high resolution pictures. Please see the link to flickr below.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsm37Cbyz
    Last edited by norayr; 08-22-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Wow! Those are some great looking photos.