Page 214 of 271 FirstFirst ... 209210211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Can anyone comment on the difference between black bamboo and black matte? Looking at a set of NRT towers. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
    Can anyone comment on the difference between black bamboo and black matte? Looking at a set of NRT towers. Thanks!
    Black bamboo is a stained finish, you can actually see the grain/bamboo through the finish when close up...it looks excellent.
    Black matte is actually a painted finish.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Patterson View Post
    I am hoping to buy a pair of Sierra Towers with the RAAL 70-20 tweeter based on excellent reviews I have read on this forum. However, I could not find information on the manufacturer of the midrange woofer or woofers. Do any of the forum members know the manufacturer or manufacturers of these drivers. Thanks in advance for any help.
    They are purely custom drivers made for Ascend by different OEMs. Dave couldn't find drivers that met his specifications at the time or close to it (to start customizing), and worked with the OEM on entirely new drivers. I believe the woofer is collaboration of more than one OEM (they look like the woofer on the Sierra 1, but they are different), not sure about the mid.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    They are purely custom drivers made for Ascend by different OEMs. Dave couldn't find drivers that met his specifications at the time or close to it (to start customizing), and worked with the OEM on entirely new drivers. I believe the woofer is collaboration of more than one OEM (they look like the woofer on the Sierra 1, but they are different), not sure about the mid.
    Thanks Curtis -- 100% true...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
    If you give us a call and speak with Dina, she can text you photos of each finish
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patterson View Post
    I am hoping to buy a pair of Sierra Towers with the RAAL 70-20 tweeter based on excellent reviews I have read on this forum. However, I could not find information on the manufacturer of the midrange woofer or woofers. Do any of the forum members know the manufacturer or manufacturers of these drivers. Thanks in advance for any help.
    The midrange on these is the star of the show IMO. They don't get talked about as much as the tweeters since there isn't an option to pick different drivers but they're spectacular.
    MacMini -> Emotiva XMC-1 -> Emotiva SA-250 -> RAAL Towers / SVS SB13-U

Quote Originally Posted by rneill View Post
    The midrange on these is the star of the show IMO. They don't get talked about as much as the tweeters since there isn't an option to pick different drivers but they're spectacular.
    I totally agree. The RAAL tweeters are amazing, but the midrange is still the star. The Sierra Towers have cured me of upgrade-itis. I can't imagine a better sounding speaker.

Right there with you. Watching Hitman and Oblivion last night and I couldn't help but marvel (over a year after purchase) at the bass and mid of the towers and Horizon.

I can't imagine wanting to ever "upgrade" from these speakers!

You all are absolutely right. I have been cured of upgrade fever. I love these speakers and the clarity. I only regret I didn't have them years ago.

I was out of town last week and the father in-law came over to visit while I was away. He of course wanted to know why I needed new speakers when I already had three pairs of axioms lol To be fair the axioms with my emotiva gear was probably the best setup he has ever heard. Anyway I gotta love my wife when he asked she just turned it on for him, his response was "Oh"

MacMini -> Emotiva XMC-1 -> Emotiva SA-250 -> RAAL Towers / SVS SB13-U