Page 214 of 218 FirstFirst ... 209210211212213214215216217218 LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2179

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

  1. #2131
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    I am hoping to buy a pair of Sierra Towers with the RAAL 70-20 tweeter based on excellent reviews I have read on this forum. However, I could not find information on the manufacturer of the midrange woofer or woofers. Do any of the forum members know the manufacturer or manufacturers of these drivers. Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. #2132
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    Can anyone comment on the difference between black bamboo and black matte? Looking at a set of NRT towers. Thanks!

  3. #2133
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, California
    Posts
    6,222

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
    Can anyone comment on the difference between black bamboo and black matte? Looking at a set of NRT towers. Thanks!
    Black bamboo is a stained finish, you can actually see the grain/bamboo through the finish when close up...it looks excellent.
    Black matte is actually a painted finish.
    -curtis

  4. #2134
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, California
    Posts
    6,222

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Patterson View Post
    I am hoping to buy a pair of Sierra Towers with the RAAL 70-20 tweeter based on excellent reviews I have read on this forum. However, I could not find information on the manufacturer of the midrange woofer or woofers. Do any of the forum members know the manufacturer or manufacturers of these drivers. Thanks in advance for any help.
    They are purely custom drivers made for Ascend by different OEMs. Dave couldn't find drivers that met his specifications at the time or close to it (to start customizing), and worked with the OEM on entirely new drivers. I believe the woofer is collaboration of more than one OEM (they look like the woofer on the Sierra 1, but they are different), not sure about the mid.
    -curtis

  5. #2135
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    They are purely custom drivers made for Ascend by different OEMs. Dave couldn't find drivers that met his specifications at the time or close to it (to start customizing), and worked with the OEM on entirely new drivers. I believe the woofer is collaboration of more than one OEM (they look like the woofer on the Sierra 1, but they are different), not sure about the mid.
    Thanks Curtis -- 100% true...
    .
    .
    .
    Good Sound To You!

    David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

  6. #2136
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
    Can anyone comment on the difference between black bamboo and black matte? Looking at a set of NRT towers. Thanks!
    If you give us a call and speak with Dina, she can text you photos of each finish
    .
    .
    .
    Good Sound To You!

    David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

  7. #2137
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Patterson View Post
    I am hoping to buy a pair of Sierra Towers with the RAAL 70-20 tweeter based on excellent reviews I have read on this forum. However, I could not find information on the manufacturer of the midrange woofer or woofers. Do any of the forum members know the manufacturer or manufacturers of these drivers. Thanks in advance for any help.
    The midrange on these is the star of the show IMO. They don't get talked about as much as the tweeters since there isn't an option to pick different drivers but they're spectacular.
    MacMini -> Emotiva XMC-1 -> Emotiva SA-250 -> RAAL Towers / SVS SB13-U

  8. #2138
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by rneill View Post
    The midrange on these is the star of the show IMO. They don't get talked about as much as the tweeters since there isn't an option to pick different drivers but they're spectacular.
    I totally agree. The RAAL tweeters are amazing, but the midrange is still the star. The Sierra Towers have cured me of upgrade-itis. I can't imagine a better sounding speaker.

  9. #2139
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    Right there with you. Watching Hitman and Oblivion last night and I couldn't help but marvel (over a year after purchase) at the bass and mid of the towers and Horizon.

    I can't imagine wanting to ever "upgrade" from these speakers!

  10. #2140
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

    You all are absolutely right. I have been cured of upgrade fever. I love these speakers and the clarity. I only regret I didn't have them years ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •