Page 203 of 271 FirstFirst ... 198199200201202203204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I think this is a good representation: http://www.ascendacoustics.com/image.../bb1-large.jpg
    Absolutely. It's goregous up close, and understated from far away. Love it.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Would anyone in the pacific northwest allow auditioning their towers (preferably with RAAL)? I live in OR and would love to listen to them before I place an order. I am on the verge of placing an order but the current wait time is almost three months.

I will be travelling to NYC in a couple of weeks. Any opportunity provided by a current owner would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

You may check mine out whenever you're in New York
    Steelbolz

ST RAAL, Emotiva ERC 3, XPA 2 and USP 1.

I am in Silicon Valley, if anyone wants to hear the Sierra Tower w/ RAAL, drop me a pm and we can setup a time for audition at my place

I have the Towers and Horizon with RAAL tweeters and I live in Eugene, Oregon. My room sucks right now, though, so it isn't the most ideal environment. I can tell you that they blew away every single other box speaker I heard at several hi-fi shops, though.

There was one set of box speakers that came pretty close, which were the Aperion Verus Grand 1.0 version. You can hear them at their office right off of I5 near Tigard. They are pretty fantastic speakers and sound a bit more dynamic and lush than the Sierra Towers, but lush in a laid-back kind of way. They roll off way before the RAAL tweeters do, so it sounds sorta sweet, but you lose that upper end of detail and sparkle. If you go audition those, just imagine how much better they would sound if that tweeter opened up and gave you more detail, and that's pretty close to how the Sierra Towers sound, except you get the added bonuses of much better build quality and materials, much better QC, USA made instead of chinese, etc, etc.

The only speakers I liked compared to my Towers were the Magnepan 1.7i's in a perfect room with treatments. They were very close to the neutrality and wide soundstage of my towers, but lack dynamic punch.

The Sierra Towers made every KEF, Paradigm, Vandersteen, etc sound lifeless and hollow by comparison. I wasn't wowed by any of them in the stores and bought my Sierra Towers blindly without an audition. Couldn't be happier with them.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by steelbolz View Post
    You may check mine out whenever you're in New York
    Thank you for your offer! I will PM you with the details of my travel plans but I should be available anytime between 22-27 Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    I have the Towers and Horizon with RAAL tweeters and I live in Eugene, Oregon. My room sucks right now, though, so it isn't the most ideal environment. I can tell you that they blew away every single other box speaker I heard at several hi-fi shops, though.

There was one set of box speakers that came pretty close, which were the Aperion Verus Grand 1.0 version. You can hear them at their office right off of I5 near Tigard. They are pretty fantastic speakers and sound a bit more dynamic and lush than the Sierra Towers, but lush in a laid-back kind of way. They roll off way before the RAAL tweeters do, so it sounds sorta sweet, but you lose that upper end of detail and sparkle. If you go audition those, just imagine how much better they would sound if that tweeter opened up and gave you more detail, and that's pretty close to how the Sierra Towers sound, except you get the added bonuses of much better build quality and materials, much better QC, USA made instead of chinese, etc, etc.

The only speakers I liked compared to my Towers were the Magnepan 1.7i's in a perfect room with treatments. They were very close to the neutrality and wide soundstage of my towers, but lack dynamic punch.

The Sierra Towers made every KEF, Paradigm, Vandersteen, etc sound lifeless and hollow by comparison. I wasn't wowed by any of them in the stores and bought my Sierra Towers blindly without an audition. Couldn't be happier with them.
    Thank you so much for you suggestions. Hopefully I should be placing an order by the end of this month. Just realized that Aperion is just half an hour away from Portland. I will definitely check them out as well.

Ok. Looking forward.
    Steelbolz

ST RAAL, Emotiva ERC 3, XPA 2 and USP 1.

Hi all. I've had the Sierra 2 driven by a Rogue Audio Cronus tube integrated amp at 8 ohms, and I'm going to place my order for the Raal towers. Would they be best run off 4 or 8 ohm post?

And can I add, I can't wait to hear them!!

i've had my sierra raal towers for a few years now and love them more than ever. some of the best money i ever spent on anything. i love them so much that i just want more of everything. i can't wait for the sequel with higher highs, lower lows, and a better version of everything in between. not even sure if it's possible though. if anyone can do it, it's ascend.