Page 14 of 271 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

What's the regular pricing going to be? What's the time frame for the monster center? I want the towers, but will not purchase until the center is available. I don't want to use a Sierra NRT for center duty.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ripcordaff View Post
    I agree.

Dave, would it be possible to see the three blacks from a distance? The best would be the three black towers standing next to each other, but even just swatches of each color from a bit further back would be great! Thanks!
    Concur with ripcordaff.

Before making a decision, I would like to see the difference between the three blacks swatches in one picture.

Default Re: Finish Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    and that sweet midrange driver!
    I was looking at that big Sexy myself........

As long as you all order the satin or high glass black, my hand rubbed Piano Black ones will retain higher resale value, thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHo View Post
    What's the regular pricing going to be? What's the time frame for the monster center? I want the towers, but will not purchase until the center is available. I don't want to use a Sierra NRT for center duty.

-Dave
    I too wonder what the price increase will be. I had been saving up for the towers since they were announced but a mother and her 2 daughters lost their husband (and father) last year (he was only 43 and retired Air Force) and they lost their heat during 0 degree winter. 3 of my friends and I pitched in and bought them a new heat and air unit so my speaker money went back down to $0. I've started a new speaker fund but I'm pretty sure I won't have enough to get in on the current prices and just hope they don't go up too much.

Brandon , your speakers are making me drool, hoping to hear good things about the listening session tomorrow. I really love your speakers but that is a big jump in price, need to see better pictures of the other blacks. Your pictures with the other blacks is what is needed. Hoping for those, please Dave.

Thanks Rich

Quote Originally Posted by edmondwolfman View Post
    I too wonder what the price increase will be. I had been saving up for the towers since they were announced but a mother and her 2 daughters lost their husband (and father) last year (he was only 43 and retired Air Force) and they lost their heat during 0 degree winter. 3 of my friends and I pitched in and bought them a new heat and air unit so my speaker money went back down to $0. I've started a new speaker fund but I'm pretty sure I won't have enough to get in on the current prices and just hope they don't go up too much.

Edmond, you're a great man doing that for those people. You may have zero audio funds from it, but at least it was from a great cause. Good on you!

Quote Originally Posted by RCDAVE View Post
    Edmond, you're a great man doing that for those people. You may have zero audio funds from it, but at least it was from a great cause. Good on you!
    I appreciate that RC, it was the right thing to do. I don't mind donating for a cause at all if I can see it actually doing some good

Now I'm on the trail of some speakers and maybe some type of valve preamp down the road
    Last edited by edmondwolfman; 04-02-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflections1 View Post
    Brandon , your speakers are making me drool, hoping to hear good things about the listening session tomorrow. I really love your speakers but that is a big jump in price, need to see better pictures of the other blacks. Your pictures with the other blacks is what is needed. Hoping for those, please Dave.

Thanks Rich
    Thanks for the comments Rich! Today should be a blast, looking forward to hearing some great speakers and chatting with good friends. I agree with you all, its tough to determine what black finish based on small pictures of samples. It may be a while before Dave has actual cabinets in each finish but maybe instead he can snap some pics of each sample side by side. Im actually sort of fond on that flatter black textured look, seems very practical and probably wont show as much dust, imperfections, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Thanks for the comments Rich! Today should be a blast, looking forward to hearing some great speakers and chatting with good friends. I agree with you all, its tough to determine what black finish based on small pictures of samples. It may be a while before Dave has actual cabinets in each finish but maybe instead he can snap some pics of each sample side by side. Im actually sort of fond on that flatter black textured look, seems very practical and probably wont show as much dust, imperfections, etc.
    Merry, I too am looking forward to your reviews, especially compared to the Salk Songtowers (if you get them there). The Songtowers were at the top of my list. I was looking at the Sierra-1s but my wife doesn't really like small speakers on stands although the stands from Ascend do make the sierras look like tower speakers. Then came the announcement of the towers so I held off buying anything new and now I may be able to get a review of the Ascend towers and the Songtowers in head to head match
    Last edited by edmondwolfman; 04-02-2011 at 01:54 PM.