Page 125 of 271 FirstFirst ... 120121122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by apastron View Post
    I'm getting ribbon tweeter tower soon (... in about 4 weeks ) I think about companion bookshelf pair with ribbon tweeter. Any ideas ?
    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    This is something we are diligently working on right now.
    Dave: Is this same as upcoming Sierra-1 next phase or a different project to complement RAAL Towers and Horizon? Would this be available in same finishes as Towers/Horizon? such as Satin Black Bamboo? My new Towers and Horizon are patiently waiting for a companion.
    Last edited by avsnoob10; 12-26-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by avsnoob10 View Post
    Dave: Is this same as upcoming Sierra-1 next phase or a different project to complement RAAL Towers and Horizon?
    I'm guessing it would be in the $1500 area which makes it hard to decide whether to get a regular Sierra tower or the elite monitors. Unless a lower grade RAAL is used to achieve an almost similar performance but reduces the upgrade cost significantly...

Quote Originally Posted by avsnoob10 View Post
    Dave: Is this same as upcoming Sierra-1 next phase or a different project to complement RAAL Towers and Horizon? Would this be available in same finishes as Towers/Horizon? such as Satin Black Bamboo? My new Towers and Horizon are patiently waiting for a companion.
    At that time, I believe I was referring to a Sierra-1 with the same 70-20XR ribbon tweeter as used in the towers. We have built a few of these for various customers as a custom option.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

love the look of the low profile centre! what do they cost? is there a drop off in performance, is it noticeable difference?

I realize this is a bad question but can someone help me? I don't think it would work any better if I just called in either. But I'm all set to buy the seirra towers/horizon, took me a long time to decided I could spend that kind of money but havening never actually even seen one before I can't even decide the stain that I want. I like cherry and was just going to automatically get a gloss dark cherry but then I saw Jala's photo of satin espresso (http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...&postcount=275) and decided that's what I want. Problem is is that a lot of the time people don't post exactly what color they have when they post pics and depending on the camera there is a large variance on what the stains look like. I have the cherry block mapletree audio stand. I like to see the grain of wood. I saw some pics of the light cherry and thought those looked awesome. this is harder than it should be.

I am so excited! I just placed my order for the satin espresso Towers and Horizon center (RAAL in all speakers). 5 weeks is going to seem like an eternity!

Thanks to all who participate in this forum and others. It was valuable to hear you feedback. Looking forward to being part of the Ascend family.

That's good to know. I placed the same order but I had no idea the wait would be that long.

Still not sure if I don't really want cherry though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    love the look of the low profile centre! what do they cost? is there a drop off in performance, is it noticeable difference?
    Cost for the low profile Horizon center starts at $1598 (NrT dome). The standard horizon and low profile version have very similar performance but the horizontal off-axis response of the standard version is wider and more symmetrical.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by tme110 View Post
    I realize this is a bad question but can someone help me?
    This really depends on whether you want to match the finish to the room, prevent reflections off the TV, etc etc... I'd personally just get the expensive looking match all piano black finish while they're on the discount right now

Would I be correct in thinking that someone planning on 96% home theater would be better off going with NRT over RAAL?

Center would be a Sierra-1 with NRT. Unless Dave finishes up that 'bookshelf/RAAL' he's been hinting at for some time now.