Page 242 of 271 FirstFirst ... 237238239240241242243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Thanks Dave. I am in NorCal, so sending them back is doable. Is that common path? It’s been a few years for me — have the Towers received any other upgrades that would make new pair worthy? I can email if easier.

Quote Originally Posted by malaplace View Post
    Thanks Dave. I am in NorCal, so sending them back is doable. Is that common path? It’s been a few years for me — have the Towers received any other upgrades that would make new pair worthy? I can email if easier.
    Yes, it is really the only path to upgrade dome towers to the ribbons. Please send me an email or give us a call.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Any owners of the Sierra Tower w/ RAAL in the NYC area? I'm in North Brooklyn. Looking to hear them on a high quality 2 channel system. Please, no setups with home theatre receivers.

For reference, my setup is a NAD M51 DAC, Job 225 amp, Rythmik F12 sub.

Quote Originally Posted by jeenam View Post
    Any owners of the Sierra Tower w/ RAAL in the NYC area? I'm in North Brooklyn. Looking to hear them on a high quality 2 channel system. Please, no setups with home theatre receivers.

For reference, my setup is a NAD M51 DAC, Job 225 amp, Rythmik F12 sub.
    How are you integrating your subwoofer when using the Job amp?

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    How are you integrating your subwoofer when using the Job amp?
    I purchased the F12 with the A370PEQ3 amp for speaker level inputs. Despite this, I have yet to use the speaker level inputs to the F12. I am running the NAD M51 line out to F12 line in, and then using the 80hz HPF outputs of the F12 to pass the signal to the Job 225. Admittedly there is a slight loss of signal quality, but I can live with it until I tweak things further. Using the HPF of the F12 to the Job 225 has increased the sound quality of my main speakers as they no longer have to reproduce frequencies below 80Hz.

One other note is I had always used REL subs. I took the plunge and tried a Rythmik and don't regret it at all. Obtaining a REL at a decent price that could play down to 20Hz was becoming too much of a waiting game.
    Last edited by jeenam; 05-05-2020 at 08:13 PM.

^Interesting. I didn't know that the Rythmik sub had 80Hz HPF line-level outputs, so thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    ^Interesting. I didn't know that the Rythmik sub had 80Hz HPF line-level outputs, so thanks for the info.
    You have to specifically order it with the A370PEQ3 amplifier. The other amps do not have the 80Hz HPF line out.

Dave can offer the F12 with the A370PEQ3 amp if you request it. He verified this for me in an earlier email exchange. Plus if you order a Rythmik sub through Dave and purchase speakers from him you'll get a discount.
    Last edited by jeenam; 05-05-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Dave,

Do you have any images of the mid-range and woofer drivers in the Tower you could share? I'm kind of a driver nut and I'm always interested in the magnet and frame design and construction. There are plenty images of the tweeters, but not of the other drivers.

I am 20' away from my Sierra 2's in a kind-of-large great room, and they fill the space (with subwoofer @ 80 hz). Doesn't matter really what's playing, these are great speakers (with "enough" power...the difference between a high-end circa 1999 receiver/amp and current rig is...extraordinary...the speakers, with enough power don't "breathe"...they "sing"!...but I now understand the "breathe" analogy).

Just looking to have "get the towers" reinforced...not my first foray here, and these Sierra 2's sound so, so good.

Dave:
    Hope the healing continues, and this current situation turns into the best thing for your healing...I can imagine from the little that I know that you wouldn't willingly slow down in the absence of "this".

Best wishes to all.
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

Quote Originally Posted by esnewtunemakers View Post
    Dave:
    Hope the healing continues, and this current situation turns into the best thing for your healing...I can imagine from the little that I know that you wouldn't willingly slow down in the absence of "this".

Best wishes to all.
    Thanks for the kind words. Healing was going great until I tried to do a little wrestling and Jiu Jitsu with my son, who is a 4-year varsity letterman for wrestling and now in his 12th year of Jiu Jitsu competition.

I'm old - lesson learned
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com