Page 236 of 271 FirstFirst ... 231232233234235236237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by pointfive View Post
    Attachment 1859

The towers arrived about a week ago. Got a chance to compare them with the Axiom m60s that they replaced. Not a fair comparison considering the ST is double in price. However...
    1. ST was more compact overall, but taller
    2. I preferred the overall build and the finishing of the ST. Really liked the 'grainy' surface texture of the matte black
    3. Design aesthetics was better on the ST.
    4. Vocals and higher frequencies really shine thanks to the ribbon tweeter.
    5. Appreciate the added separation in the music. Each instrument seemed more distinct with the ST. The Axioms were no slouch, but instruments seemed more often muddled together.
    6. Difference was not apparent for movies. Not sure I agree that speakers that sound good musically are not as good for movies.

Well worth the wait! Now if only the budget allowed for the Sierra Horizon!
    Wow - stunning setup!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

i would like to thank Dina and the ascend team, i got my lifetime speakers.
    i put my order on thursday feb. 6 and received my speakers today wednesday feb. 12.
    moving the s2 to SR/ SL duty now that the towers are here.

watched madmax earlier, havent run audessey yet gonna do it after the rear speakers are wired.

Nice setup, Rysher.

the speakers have been playing close to 24/7.
    played a bunch of music genre, poison, styx, collective soul, metallica, queen, def leppard, van halen, genesis, pink floyd and bob marley. what stands out to me is the bass, the drums on the bob marley music is "solid", "forceful,.

there is definitely more "ummph" now than with the s2's but i havent quite put my thumb on the mid range yet. any advice on what songs, movies to play for the midrange?

havent run audessy x32t yet. s2's havent been wired.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Nice setup, Rysher.
    thank u

Quote Originally Posted by rysher View Post
    the speakers have been playing close to 24/7.
    played a bunch of music genre, poison, styx, collective soul, metallica, queen, def leppard, van halen, genesis, pink floyd and bob marley. what stands out to me is the bass, the drums on the bob marley music is "solid", "forceful,.

there is definitely more "ummph" now than with the s2's but i havent quite put my thumb on the mid range yet. any advice on what songs, movies to play for the midrange?

havent run audessy x32t yet. s2's havent been wired.

thanks
    How about well recorded vocals? It should sound like a real person and not just a recording
    Nate

Congrats on the new towers. I just received my three 2EX order for LCR yesterday and have been in awe. I previously owned Klipsch RP towers and KEF LS50s. The KEFs are interesting in their own way, but the 2EX exceeds them in clarity and does not cause fatigue.

The only thing that leaves me wondering is what they would sound like with the bigger ribbon that is used in the towers. I just read an old thread where someone custom ordered this on the Sierra 2. Now I am kicking myself for not thinking of that. Someone ease my mind and tell me it's not that big of a difference.
    Last edited by Spamilton; 02-14-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamilton View Post
    Congrats on the new towers. I just received my three 2EX order for LCR yesterday and have been in awe. I previously owned Klipsch RP towers and KEF LS50s. The KEFs are interesting in their own way, but the 2EX exceeds them in clarity and does not cause fatigue.

The only thing that leaves me wondering is what they would sound like with the bigger ribbon that is used in the towers. I just read an old thread where someone custom ordered this on the Sierra 2. Now I am kicking myself for not thinking of that. Someone ease my mind and tell me it's not that big of a difference.
    The RAAL in the tower will:
    1. Be much more expensive.
    2. Have greater efficiency due to it's larger surface area.
    3. Have narrower horizontal dispersion due to being wider.
    4. Have greater dynamic ability.
    5. Require a modified Sierra-2 cabinet to accommodate the much larger enclosure of the tower RAAL.
    6. Require a custom crossover.

As for the audible difference beyond that, I have never heard the towers so cannot comment.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Thank you for the input. I may hold off because the sound is already amazing, but I think I'll get a quote to see if it's worth it. The larger surface area may be better for my room size, but I don't really know how much it would add. I'd just get the towers, but I've already gone all in on my bookshelf setup with dual subs. They just wouldn't fit appropriately at this point.

I'm loving the EX upgrade over the standard 2's. I had a guy bring over his 2's to compare. He noticed the increased clarity and midrange detail as well as the bass improvement.

Interestingly, if you look at the specs of the Towers vs the 2EX's you will notice that the 2EX has deeper rated bass extension.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables