Page 204 of 271 FirstFirst ... 199200201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    i've had my sierra raal towers for a few years now and love them more than ever. some of the best money i ever spent on anything. i love them so much that i just want more of everything. i can't wait for the sequel with higher highs, lower lows, and a better version of everything in between. not even sure if it's possible though. if anyone can do it, it's ascend.
    You're Almost THERE ...!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    You're Almost THERE ...!

Ted
    I will be the shout that starts the avalanche.

Ive had my NRT Towers for a few years now, LOVE em . Positioned 7ft. from my desk (8ft apart)
    They are exceptional with everything from Classical to Rock. Adding the Rythmik was icing on the cake.
    Wife said those are pretty big desktop speakers you said you needed...lol..The Emotiva front end with
    Ascend is a really great combo!
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >

Quote Originally Posted by grsz06 View Post
    Hi all. I've had the Sierra 2 driven by a Rogue Audio Cronus tube integrated amp at 8 ohms, and I'm going to place my order for the Raal towers. Would they be best run off 4 or 8 ohm post?

And can I add, I can't wait to hear them!!
    I would recommend using the 8ohm taps.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Okay so I think I am just about ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Towers w/RAAL and a Horizon w/RAAL, I know from talking to others and reading their reviews that the Towers can create a clear and detailed sound but I was curious about loudness.
    I listen to EDM and Rock music and I like it very loud, so I wanted to know what your experience is with the Towers w/RAAL when it comes to music + loud volumes?

Thanks.

The're plenty loud for me ..I have a 200 watt amp ( Outlaw 7500) I also purchased a pair of PSA 18's for that headroom thump and warmth at those hi levels ... I play them 110 db plus sometimes, showing them off ... That's pretty damn loud ....And at those levels, there crystal clear and detailed . I play everything , including mostly rock and roll, and progressive jazz
    Last edited by Wanger 714; 10-24-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustolamite View Post
    Okay so I think I am just about ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Towers w/RAAL and a Horizon w/RAAL, I know from talking to others and reading their reviews that the Towers can create a clear and detailed sound but I was curious about loudness.
    I listen to EDM and Rock music and I like it very loud, so I wanted to know what your experience is with the Towers w/RAAL when it comes to music + loud volumes?

Thanks.
    I listen to mine really loud as well, I just like big dynamics and reference levels. They play extremely well when they are playing loud IMO, but I would definitely pair them with a subwoofer for EDM. Bass drops on a Rythmik sub are eye opening to say the least. You can feel a big bass drop in your gut, it's so intense.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by Rustolamite View Post

Thanks.
    I play them LOUD and listen to the same music as you. I love my Edm so much I built 6 18" subwoofers. I now have the raal towers amplifierd by two channels of an inuke nu46000 (350 watts rms I think) and the take all that the amp can give them. In fact I think the towers sound best above 90 db. You really get a sense for their musicality and dynamics. You won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by mharris2007 View Post
    I play them LOUD and listen to the same music as you. I love my Edm so much I built 6 18" subwoofers. I now have the raal towers amplifierd by two channels of an inuke nu46000 (350 watts rms I think) and the take all that the amp can give them. In fact I think the towers sound best above 90 db. You really get a sense for their musicality and dynamics. You won't be disappointed.

WOW what a setup!!! Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by kyzersoze98 View Post
    WOW what a setup!!! Very cool.
    Ha ha. Thanks. There are two more 18" subs in the back but the other half of the room is playroom for my kids. Ha ha. I get the other half you saw pictured.