Page 6 of 271 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

WOW! What can Brown do for you? Congratulations on your new Towers!! I've been waiting (not patiently) for the Towers to finally launch. How long will you take to break them in? I'd be willing to bet they sound pretty darned good right now. Looks like you have killer system. Now, what to watch? I'll tell you if you want a full blast sound track try "Inception".

Dave if you're reading this; when will the web site have the photos and ordering information like the other speakers? These are going to sell like hot cakes!
    My best,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    WOW! What can Brown do for you? Congratulations on your new Towers!! I've been waiting (not patiently) for the Towers to finally launch. How long will you take to break them in? I'd be willing to bet they sound pretty darned good right now. Looks like you have killer system. Now, what to watch? I'll tell you if you want a full blast sound track try "Inception".

Dave if you're reading this; when will the web site have the photos and ordering information like the other speakers? These are going to sell like hot cakes!
    My best,
    Tom
    Thanks Tom! I believe Dave did his share of breaking them in before he sadly departed with them. It was the only pair and he tried to talk me out of buying them They do sound fantastic! My setup is complete for some time now. I do have Inception on Blu-ray, unwatched....should make for a good demo.

Take care,
    Brandon

how about measurements without a sub?
    -curtis

Thumbs down Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Hopefully tomorrow! I can only measure up to about 3000hz, the RS meter maxes out around there.

Here are all sorts of new measurements from today.
    I messed around with the phase settings on the Rythmik sub and did some more EQing on the BFD. The results were better this time around for both the Yamaha receiver and 2100 preamp. All measurements with the sub playing are with it EQ'ed.
    Graph of Towers through 2100 preamp with and without the sub playing.

Same graph but measured up to 3000hz

Graph of all 2100 preamp measurements:
    Colors:
    Red - both towers no sub
    Yellow - Left tower no sub
    Brown - Left tower with sub
    Green - right tower no sub
    Purple - right tower with sub

Graphs of all Yamaha receiver measurements - using 60hz crossover, Towers set to small, any measurements with sub playing is EQ'ed.
    Colors:
    Red - Both towers and sub
    Yellow - both towers no sub
    Brown - left tower no sub
    Green - Left tower with sub
    Purple - right tower no sub
    Blue - right tower with sub

I think this time around, the mains and sub are blending much better. Thoughts?

Brandon

So with the 2100, no matter if you have the sub on or off, the speakers are playing full range?

Can you do an overlay of the Yamaha and Parasound with no sub?
    -curtis

Brandon,

Are using YPAO with the Yamaha? The big question is how do the Towers sound?

Bill

So with the 2100, no matter if you have the sub on or off, the speakers are playing full range?

Can you do an overlay of the Yamaha and Parasound with no sub?
    Yes, with the 2100 preamp, the towers run full range with or without the sub playing. The 2100 has two options, one connection for a 80hz XO with the mains or another connection for full range (the one Im using). No other adjustments other than the sub XO which is set around 80hz as well.

Give me second to post the overlay graph for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
    Brandon,

Are using YPAO with the Yamaha? The big question is how do the Towers sound?

Bill
    Bill, No I never use any YPAO etc, I only have ever level matched with my SPL meter and EQ'ed the sub with the BFD.

They sound very very good! I will try and put together a more formal review in the next day or so. I may have said this already but the imaging, vocals, and timbre accuracy of instruments are extremely impressive! The towers are by far in another league over my previous non Nrt sierras

Curtis,
    Here is the Graph showing both towers playing with no sub same settings as above.
    Red - 2100 preamp
    Yellow - Yamaha