Page 228 of 271 FirstFirst ... 223224225226227228229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Hi Pete,

I asked Dina for Ascend the same question recently.
    She said it’s not possible at our end. I believe it’s also the crossover that’s needs changes.

Aj

Quote Originally Posted by VitalogX View Post
    Hi Pete,

I asked Dina for Ascend the same question recently.
    She said it’s not possible at our end. I believe it’s also the crossover that’s needs changes.

Aj
    That makes sense. Thank you for your response, Aj!

Back when I was using a 275 Watts-per-channel amp with my Sierra 1s, I would always be careful about going too loud. I never heard a hint of strain or distortion- and my personal version of loud probably isn't MEGA LOUD anyway- but I always used to worry a little about the woofer excursion. Those 5.25" woofers really, really move.

But now that I have the Towers, I don't worry a bit about the volume knob. And I think my new Pre-amp wiped out the ever-so-slight hint of brightness I would get when cranking up my old system.

So all in all, I have had a ton of fun exploring loud rock music on the Towers. I could feel the bass beat on the floor through my shoes, and that was with the tone controls off. It's also been a riot listening to full scale classical, like Mars by Holst.

The RAAL towers are the best speakers I have ever owned. They impress me every single time I load a CD.

Hi JR123,

I’m super exited and can’t wait to listen to the towers on my Parasound.
    I’m glad to hear that the Parasound pre and power amp works great with the towers.

The bass felt on the floor with defeated tone controls, WOW !!! That is something to look forward to.

Aj

Hi Mag_Neato,

Thanks for helping me understand the differences between the NrT and RAAL and how they sound.

I pre-ordered the towers.
    Super excited!!!

Aj

Quote Originally Posted by VitalogX View Post
    Hi Mag_Neato,

Thanks for helping me understand the differences between the NrT and RAAL and how they sound.

I pre-ordered the towers.
    Super excited!!!

Aj
    My pleasure! You will enjoy them for sure. I'm a bit jealous regarding the towers! That would be my only/next speaker upgrade other than possibly getting the new woofer from the Sierra-2 diamond to drop-in my Sierra-2's!

I have to say, the S2's crossed to my 12" sealed Rythmik can seriously rock out.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    My pleasure! You will enjoy them for sure. I'm a bit jealous regarding the towers! That would be my only/next speaker upgrade other than possibly getting the new woofer from the Sierra-2 diamond to drop-in my Sierra-2's!

I have to say, the S2's crossed to my 12" sealed Rythmik can seriously rock out.
    I'm in the same boat, Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteScott View Post
    I'm eyeing the towers for a next-year purchase but I'd also like to upgrade my S1s (stock tweeter). Given that, two questions:

1) If I get the towers with the NrT tweeters and then later choose to upgrade them to the RAAL--is that a drop-in option I can do myself, or do the towers need to be returned to be upgraded?
    This is a very complicated process and requires using a router to modify the internal tweeter cutout, soldering skills, glue removal and swapping crossovers. While we have had some customers do this themselves, we do not recommend a customer attempt this without quite a bit of experience, both in woodworking and soldering/desoldering.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteScott View Post
    2) If I can upgrade the tower tweeters myself, can the NrT tweeters from the towers then be dropped-in to the Sierra 1? Or are the crossovers completely different than what I'd need?

Thanks in advance!
    Crossovers are completely different - you must use the associated Sierra-1 NrT crossover.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thank you, Dave. That's good information. I'll definitely not be updating that myself.

Hi all,
    is there chance to get a glossy finish on cherry red speakers? something like piano-black but for cherry
    I have an existing 5.1 setup in cherry red glossy and wanted to upgrade my front with Towers.
    And, also from aesthetics prospective red cherry gloss looks fantastic (IMHO) - that grants my wife approval for getting a pair of new speakers

many thanks!
    Last edited by guzkiy; 04-18-2019 at 01:56 PM.