Page 266 of 271 FirstFirst ... 261262263264265266267268269270271 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    Tower upgrade?? I hope the RAAL tweeter and mid driver is kept and we can just replace the two woofers and crossover for a little extra low end slam.
    I would love to see this.
    3.2, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL ribbon tweeters and $20 McMaster ‘threaded-stud bumper feet’, Ascend Acoustics Duo LCR center, dual SVS SB-3000 subs, Outlaw 2200 monoblocks, Denon X3500H

I don't like spending money, but if Dave came up with a killer midrange, who wouldn't want to upgrade that too along with the two bass drivers?

This will probably be an upgrade that would last us for the next five to ten years.
    TV: LG 65C8 - Receiver: Emotiva XMC-2 (9.1.4) - Blu-ray: UB820, x800m2 - Music: Sdtrans384 - Amp: Parasound A23 & A52+, Outlaw 7075 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers Raal ELX & Horizon RAAL ELX - Surround: (10) BG Radia PD-6i - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Venom v14 - Speaker Cable: Furez - Interconnects: Neotech, Mogami, Pure Silver - Probe: Display Pro & i1 Pro2 - Software: Colourspace HTL & Rpi4 - Bias - MediaLight - Remote: Harmony Elite

Quote Originally Posted by msound View Post
    I don't like spending money, but if Dave came up with a killer midrange, who wouldn't want to upgrade that too along with the two bass drivers?

This will probably be an upgrade that would last us for the next five to ten years.
    I'd upgrade it all.

Sorry this took so long,im sure its been forgotten, but just wanted to make a correction, back when I said the upgrade difference for a PS Audio P3 AC Regenerator was subtle was because I misanswered a question that was asked. The day to day burn in is subtle, the initial day 1 sound however is fairly dramatic, as significant as a component upgrade such as an additional high end DAC even if you already have one hooked up. Thats what it sounded like anyhow when I re-plugged the AC Regenerator back in after a week of down time due to a blown fuse. again, sorry about the delay
    Sierra 2 Front LR PA-1 DC-1
    Sierra Luna Surround LR Multichannel via UMC-1 Stereo amp via VSX-D912 AVR
    DC-1 Ext 2 Ch DAC LR XLR to Mono Amps LR RCA to UMC-1 Opt
    T2531 31 Band Stereo Graphic EQ XLR RCA
    PA-1 LR XLR Mono Block 140Watt @ 8 Ohms Class D Amps
    UMC-1 Line Stage Sub X-over @ 40Hz
    L12 12" Subwoofer RCA
    P3 Power Plant A/C Regenerator - Can dramatically improve sound quality realism after 350 hours or 2 weeks of cumulative burn in
    40" HDR 4K TV Opt
    Windows 11 Gaming HTPC HDMI
    D2R

I will try to keep this brief, but it will be a bit..

I am new to this forum becasue this brand came across my radar.

My room is 18'x14.5x8' and is enclosed except a 20 inch doorway just left of listening position. We set in a 2 seat loveseat 14 feet from front of center channel. I have LCR toed to my side as she could care less what anything sounds like.

I will ignore elevations and surrounds for now as they will get addressed later.

Left/Right Klipsch RP-280F with RP-140SA elevations
    Center RC-62ii
    Side Surrounds Klipsch RS-35
    Back Surrounds Klipsch RS-25
    Subs 2 x PSA V1800
    AVR - Denon X7200WA

Monolith 9X (200x3 and 6x100) arriving this week.

I have looked at too many speakers and have been slowly narrowing down my choices. I was almost there when someone mentioned Ascend Acoustics. I had never heard of them, but then I don't know a lot of speaker vendors. The Sierra Towers and Horizon Center look great, but I have some concerns/questions. I fell in love with the ribbon sound in Monitor Audio Gold 300s I heard and felt the silky smoothness and details were great.

Due to my set up the center is in an AV cabinet and that opening is 27"x11 1/8". The Horizon will squeak in, but not leave me any room to point the speaker up to my ear level so I will be at least 20-30 degrees higher than the tweeter. I could go with a DUO LCR, but not sure how that will impact the timbre and overall tonal match not to mention the step down in that may impact my home theater listening.

Next concern is the small drivers in the Sierra Towers. My current Klispch have 8 inch drivers and dig deep and low (although even for 2ch hi-rez listening I leave the sub engaged to the sharper, tighter deeper bass). No unusual for the SPL at my seating position to top 100db during some music. I read about the LX driver and wondering if I wait on a Sierra Tower with LX driver or something?

Even though I can try them for 30 days I want to try and get my decision right, hate the idea of sending anything like this back.

Any thoughts or advice?

Media Room.png

Front Stage.jpg

Bass in the Towers is very good, plus you are running a sub, so I would not be to concerned. Not sure when Dave will have an LX woofer upgrade for the Towers, although something is in the works. So, you could wait if you have the tome/patience or get them now and upgrade if you feel the need when the kit is available.

As to Horizon fit, could you put it on top of your stand and then put the tv on the speaker? Alternately, build a tv riser out of mdf, put the Horizon on top of the stand, the riser over the speaker, and tv on riser (this is what I did). I went from the Duo v1 to Horizon. Although tge Duo was quite good - no issues with timbre/tonal match, the Horizon is a definite step up for movies, IMO. Between it and my recent AVM70 purchase, I’ve found myself watching more movies

I can wait on a LX Tower, it is more an impatient itch right now

I did try the center on the cabinet, but that puts the TV at an uncomfortable height for us and sine I will eventually replace that 77 OLED with a 86 going to high is a concern. Dave did email last night pointing out that based on my measurements and heights he predicted I would be 4-8 degrees off access and that he recommends being 15 degrees off access anyway. Let's hope their 11 inch height measurement is dead on as my opening is 11 1/8 inches tall. I have the AVM70 on my radar, but waiting on them to integrate their HDMI upgrade, which now looks like probably next year.

Patience is a virtue!
    I think the AVM70 2.1 is in the works and may be sooner than next year…I’ve seen literature and pricing published

Odd I emailed Anthem and they have no ETA, I would think if it were sooner than end of the year they would have said in progress.

Weird response from Anthem. Price list published on AVS forum (MRX and AVM owner threads) - link below (hope it works). Someone indicated they ordered the 740 8k and should receive in a week or so. I’d assume the 70 8k would also be available in similar time frame.

https://mcusercontent.com/61f5f74dcd...1db6-560537422