Page 268 of 271 FirstFirst ... 263264265266267268269270271 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    My brother lives in Sacramento, does that count?
    Ha! That's a good drive from Jackson/Ione.

I remember when I first visited Ione 39 years ago, it was like Mayberry RFD. My roommate's graduating high school class was 27 kids. On the drive home from Lake Tahoe about 5 years ago, we stopped to visit. It has grown, but still small.
    Last edited by curtis; 08-18-2022 at 10:04 AM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    My brother lives in Sacramento, does that count?
    I lived in "Sactown" for 10+ years Mag_Neato...so we'll count it, but that's the last one! LOL
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

With all the v2 refinements, any plans for a Sierra Tower v2?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    With all the v2 refinements, any plans for a Sierra Tower v2?
    Dave had alluded to it in the LX thread (I think)...
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Cool Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Hi everyone!
    'Been away for awhile.. The retirement life, and such. Hope you're all doing well.
    I just recently saw a preview / review on ASR re; the Tower V2? Certainly caught me by surprise.
    There will always be something new, right? I'm in a great place with all my current AA speakers, I can tell you all that. A few months back, I disconnected my Mirage sub from 2 channel front end. I have, once again, reached the conclusion that it's not needed in my setup. In 5.1, certainly!
    As time goes by, at 68, no new additions since I added the most excellent HTM-200's a few months ago.
    No latest & greatest AVR either. My Sony ES AVR (vintage 2005 or so... Lol!) will probably be with me to the end. And; after much deliberation about buying a newer & better, blah, blah.,, stereo amp, I'll most likely stick with my Jolida. Oh! Still no streaming device in my system. Maybe someday..
    Always new records to buy, & CDs too!

My Sierra Towers? Yeah!! After 2 years, they continue to impress!
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 12-07-2022 at 07:29 AM.
    - Greg

Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbon (front) | Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE (rears) | Ascend Acoustics Duo (center) | Mirage Omni S10 10" Sub ||| Jolida JD302CRC 50wpc Integrated Tube Amp | Turntable: George Merrill PolyTable w/ Digital Motor Drive, Jelco SA-750e Tonearm, AudioQuest Wildcat Tonearm cable, Ortofon 2M Bronze MM Cart., Hagerman Labs Cornet3 Tube Phono Stage ||| Sony XBR65X81 CH 65" | Sony SA3100ES AVR | Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray | Oppo DV-980H CD

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post
    Hi everyone!
    'Been away for awhile.. The retirement life, and such. Hope you're all doing well.
    I just recently saw a preview / review on ASR re; the Tower V2? Certainly caught me by surprise.
    There will always be something new, right? I'm in a great place with all my current AA speakers, I can tell you all that. A few months back, I disconnected my Mirage sub from 2 channel front end. I have, once again, reached the conclusion that it's not needed in my setup. In 5.1, certainly!
    As time goes by, at 68, no new additions since I added the most excellent HTM-200's a few months ago.
    No latest & greatest AVR either. My Sony ES AVR (vintage 2005 or so... Lol!) will probably be with me to the end. And; after much deliberation about buying a newer & better, blah, blah.,, stereo amp, I'll most likely stick with my Jolida. Oh! Still no streaming device in my system. Maybe someday..
    Always new records to buy, & CDs too!

My Sierra Towers? Yeah!! After 2 years, they continue to impress!
    Welcome back!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Does anyone know if two towers can fit in a small sedan (an IS-250)? I see the measurements are 43 inches but not sure with the box if two would fit comfortably in say the back seat (pretty sure it won't fit in the trunk).

Quote Originally Posted by yummypuppy View Post
    Does anyone know if two towers can fit in a small sedan (an IS-250)? I see the measurements are 43 inches but not sure with the box if two would fit comfortably in say the back seat (pretty sure it won't fit in the trunk).
    If you call Ascend, I am sure they can give you the dimensions of the box.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by yummypuppy View Post
    I measured my one of my boxes... was about 47.5 inches tall by almost 17 deep by ??? width...not easily accessible as behind a bunch of other equipment boxes
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I measured my one of my boxes... was about 47.5 inches tall by almost 17 deep by ??? width...not easily accessible as behind a bunch of other equipment boxes
    oh wow that's bigger than i thought! might actually be a challenge fitting that in a car. thanks for taking the measurements!