Thread: Need help with ELX Tower Upgrade Kit

Default Need help with ELX Tower Upgrade Kit

I'm smack in the middle of installing the ELX Tower upgrade kit and I've run into a snag.

I'm at the step where I'm installing the new woofers. The wires coming off the crossover are black and brown. The terminals on the woofer itself look to be gold, but one seems to be painted orange/red.

Which wire goes to which terminal???

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Need help with ELX Tower Upgrade Kit

Not home at the moment but isn’t that detailed in the instructions? As I recall, one of the tabs on each driver is marked
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Not home at the moment but isn’t that detailed in the instructions? As I recall, one of the tabs on each driver is marked
    The mid-woofer connector are different sizes, so there's no way to mess up.

The woofer connectors are the same size. The wires are brown and black. One of the tabs on the speaker has been colored red.

I'm thinking the brown wire goes to the red colored tab?? (Just a WAG...)

Correct, as per the instructions.

LX Woofers
    d) Using the brown and black wires, gently push the female terminals back onto the corresponding male terminals on one of the LX woofers. It is recommended to gently and slightly crimp the terminals with pliers prior to connecting them on the tabs of the woofer. You must ensure that these connections are secure. Brown wire must attach to the woofer tab that is marked with red ink.

EX Midwoofer
    d) Using the white/black wires, gently push the female terminals back onto the corresponding male terminals on the EX woofer. It is recommended to gently and slightly crimp the terminals with pliers prior to connecting them on the tabs of the woofer. You must ensure that these connections are secure. White wire must attach to the woofer tab that is marked with red ink.
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

Wow, do I feel stupid! Always RTFM...

Thanks for clearing that up. At least I guessed right and don't have to do more rework.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Correct, as per the instructions.

LX Woofers
    d) Using the brown and black wires, gently push the female terminals back onto the corresponding male terminals on one of the LX woofers. It is recommended to gently and slightly crimp the terminals with pliers prior to connecting them on the tabs of the woofer. You must ensure that these connections are secure. Brown wire must attach to the woofer tab that is marked with red ink.

EX Midwoofer
    d) Using the white/black wires, gently push the female terminals back onto the corresponding male terminals on the EX woofer. It is recommended to gently and slightly crimp the terminals with pliers prior to connecting them on the tabs of the woofer. You must ensure that these connections are secure. White wire must attach to the woofer tab that is marked with red ink.

No worries. Get them finished so you can enjoy them!