Page 245 of 271 FirstFirst ... 240241242243244245246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Anyone at Ascend have some pics of the various colors? Trying to decide which to go with, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by archerious View Post
    Anyone at Ascend have some pics of the various colors? Trying to decide which to go with, thank you.
    Lots of pics of the various finishes on our website and in our forum, including this forum thread and our photo gallery thread located here:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...-Photo-Gallery

Also, please feel free to give us call at the office - Dina can usually directly text various photos as well.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by archerious View Post
    You can see a lot of pics of various finishes when you do a Google image search for "Ascend Sierra towers." I have provided a link below with lots of pictures.

https://www.google.com/search?q=asce...w=1366&bih=674

Shopping for new towers..
    After lots of shopping, and research over the past couple of months, I think that I have my choices narrowed down to Sierra Towers (with or without RAAL), Aperion Verus III Grand Towers, and possibly, Salk Sound Song Towers.
    Awhile back, the PSB Imagine X2T really had my attention along with Paradigm Premier. Then; I discovered the DALI Opticon 6, and a few others. So; it didn't take long to start out at a little over $1,000 a pair, and up pushing $3,000 which is my absolute maximum for towers alone. Through my research, I'm factoring in the company I purchase from offers a matching center channel speaker, and rear speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post
    After lots of shopping, and research over the past couple of months, I think that I have my choices narrowed down to Sierra Towers (with or without RAAL), Aperion Verus III Grand Towers, and possibly, Salk Sound Song Towers.
    Awhile back, the PSB Imagine X2T really had my attention along with Paradigm Premier. Then; I discovered the DALI Opticon 6, and a few others. So; it didn't take long to start out at a little over $1,000 a pair, and up pushing $3,000 which is my absolute maximum for towers alone. Through my research, I'm factoring in the company I purchase from offers a matching center channel speaker, and rear speakers.
    Welcome to Ascend!

All I can say is you've come to the right place for amazing sound. With the towers you could assemble a completely matched system by adding either the Horizon or Duo LCR. If you opt for the standard NrT dome tweeter tower, the Horizon will offer the same tweeter while the Duo only has the RAAL. For surrounds, again, if you go RAAL with the towers you can add the Lunas for a perfect match. If you opt NrT..... the HTM-200's will fit the bill.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Thumbs up Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

After lots of shopping, and research over the past couple of months
    I was in a similar situation, but had researched speakers for about 19 years. Salk makes about the only speakers that seem comparable, though comparisons are extremely difficult because of all the marketing fluff and lack of any real data or intellectually honest side-by-side comparisons. Nearly every professional speaker review fauns over the product as if it is the greatest thing they ever heard, moreso for more expensive speakers, even those that very obviously underperform (Wilson Audio, ****, B&O)
    What sold me on the Sierra Towers with RAAL (part of a 5.1 Sierra/RAAL system) was:
    1. Bamboo cabinets -- 3/4" bamboo resists unwanted chassis vibration better than 6" of fiberboard, used by almost all other speaker companies.
    2. Look at the impulse response and waterfall diagrams for the Sierra. First, Ascend Acoustics provides those values, which are hard to come by from all but the highest-end manufacturers; second, Ascend's are almost always far superior to any I can find, even compared to exotic super-expensive technologies like plasma tweeter-based speakers.
      I have found that these two metrics represent actual speaker performance better than most.
    3. I read about the founder, Dave Fabrikant. Read interviews, or his own comments on forums. It becomes clear that he doesn't care about being famous, becoming a billionaire, or optimizing costs by shaving off a few grades of component quality that the customers "probably won't even notice" -- he comes across as simply a talented combination of artist and engineer whose passion lies solely in designing speakers that make people suddenly realize what they had missed out on.

I have had the Sierra towers (and Sierra 2's, not the EX), and Sierra Center since about 2014. As a guy that researched speakers from every angle since age 15, let me tell you, these are it. I recently took one apart and I think it may be the first speaker whose construction left me feeling amazed. Everything is built with care. Even the crossover electronics, which most people will never see, are built with authentic pride. In the chassis, the glue is evenly spread, the panels fit together so tightly that it is hard to tell they were once separate parts.
    Quick tip though: In my opinion, Sierra 2's are absurd overkill for rear speakers. I'd go with the non-Sierra models, which are themselves so good that it was hard to justify the extra cost for my mains, but then I remembered: Cars wear out. Electronics become obsolete in a few years. Speakers can last your whole life. Get something truly good.
    Last edited by Sivar; 09-30-2020 at 08:45 AM. Reason: "singe" --> "since". Oops.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated! 🍻 I'm pretty much decided on the Towers with RAAL tweeters to start with. Then; following with the Duo Center & HTM-200 SE's for the rear wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
    I was in a similar situation, but had researched speakers for about 19 years. Salk makes about the only speakers that seem comparable, though comparisons are extremely difficult because of all the marketing fluff and lack of any real data or intellectually honest side-by-side comparisons. Nearly every professional speaker review fauns over the product as if it is the greatest thing they ever heard, moreso for more expensive speakers, even those that very obviously underperform (Wilson Audio, ****, B&O)
    What sold me on the Sierra Towers with RAAL (part of a 5.1 Sierra/RAAL system) was:
    1. Bamboo cabinets -- 3/4" bamboo resists unwanted chassis vibration better than 6" of fiberboard, used by almost all other speaker companies.
    2. Look at the impulse response and waterfall diagrams for the Sierra. First, Ascend Acoustics provides those values, which are hard to come by from all but the highest-end manufacturers; second, Ascend's are almost always far superior to any I can find, even compared to exotic super-expensive technologies like plasma tweeter-based speakers.
      I have found that these two metrics represent actual speaker performance better than most.
    3. I read about the founder, Dave Fabrikant. Read interviews, or his own comments on forums. It becomes clear that he doesn't care about being famous, becoming a billionaire, or optimizing costs by shaving off a few grades of component quality that the customers "probably won't even notice" -- he comes across as simply a talented combination of artist and engineer whose passion lies solely in designing speakers that make people suddenly realize what they had missed out on.

I have had the Sierra towers (and Sierra 2's, not the EX), and Sierra Center since about 2014. As a guy that researched speakers from every angle since age 15, let me tell you, these are it. I recently took one apart and I think it may be the first speaker whose construction left me feeling amazed. Everything is built with care. Even the crossover electronics, which most people will never see, are built with authentic pride. In the chassis, the glue is evenly spread, the panels fit together so tightly that it is hard to tell they were once separate parts.
    Quick tip though: In my opinion, Sierra 2's are absurd overkill for rear speakers. I'd go with the non-Sierra models, which are themselves so good that it was hard to justify the extra cost for my mains, but then I remembered: Cars wear out. Electronics become obsolete in a few years. Speakers can last your whole life. Get something truly good.
    Hey now, I wouldn't mind becoming a billionaire. I could then just focus on product design and not have to be concerned about actually getting our bills paid or covering our costs

Seriously though - thank you for the wonderful comments!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks guys! Much appreciated! �� I'm pretty much decided on the Towers with RAAL tweeters to start with. Then; following with the Duo Center & HTM-200 SE's for the rear wall.
    We are here for you - just let me know if I can be of any assistance. Also please feel free to give us a call at the office. Dina can be a lot of fun to speak with.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com