Thread: speaker label: easily removed?

Default speaker label: easily removed?

Can the speaker product label on the rear of my RAAL Towers be easily removed?

I've always disliked having the label up near the top of the tower. My one speaker is near a doorway and when entering the room the rear of the speaker would look much better if it was just the nice wood finish on the rear that was in view. I would really prefer the label placed at the bottom between the binding posts and the port.

If it can be removed, would the speaker finish be discolored? My speaker is 12 years old. It is not in any sunlight. My room is a media room and the windows are shaded, so the wood would not have faded from sunlight. I would not want to see a discolored rectangular section on the speaker.

1) I have upgraded my OG Towers to the ELX and now have that label to affix. If I can remove the original at the top, and place the new one at the bottom that would be great.

2) Or, if removing the top label would leave a mark, should I just place the new label on top of the existing label, or is it better to remove the old and then place the ELX label over that same spot?
    TV: LG 77OLEDC9 A/V Receiver: Anthem MRX 740
    Sources: Pana DP-UB9000, Zidoo Z9X, Google CCwGTV, ROON
    Stereo: Allo Digione Sig/USBridge Sig> Denafrips Ares II DAC> Kinki Studio EX-M1+ amp (front mains H/T bypass)
    Speakers: Front: Ascend ELX RAAL Towers, Sierra-2EXV2 center, Sides: Paradigm In-Walls CS-60SQ-SM, Subwoofer: two Rythmik L22
    Media Room (1,500 sq ft, 13ft Wx14.5ft Lx8ft H)

Default Re: speaker label: easily removed?

Quote Originally Posted by gln2 View Post
    Can the speaker product label on the rear of my RAAL Towers be easily removed?

I've always disliked having the label up near the top of the tower. My one speaker is near a doorway and when entering the room the rear of the speaker would look much better if it was just the nice wood finish on the rear that was in view. I would really prefer the label placed at the bottom between the binding posts and the port.

If it can be removed, would the speaker finish be discolored? My speaker is 12 years old. It is not in any sunlight. My room is a media room and the windows are shaded, so the wood would not have faded from sunlight. I would not want to see a discolored rectangular section on the speaker.

1) I have upgraded my OG Towers to the ELX and now have that label to affix. If I can remove the original at the top, and place the new one at the bottom that would be great.

2) Or, if removing the top label would leave a mark, should I just place the new label on top of the existing label, or is it better to remove the old and then place the ELX label over that same spot?
    Which finish do you have?

That stated, the ELX label is not meant to replace the product label, it is in addition to the product label.

You can see in this image where the ELX Label should be placed.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...g?v=1678182465
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I have the satin espresso finish.
    It had been a few weeks since I had looked at the new label. Seeing the pic in your post reminded me that it is a smaller size, so placing on top of the original label of course is not an option.
    Stereo: Allo Digione Sig/USBridge Sig> Denafrips Ares II DAC> Kinki Studio EX-M1+ amp (front mains H/T bypass)
    Speakers: Front: Ascend ELX RAAL Towers, Sierra-2EXV2 center, Sides: Paradigm In-Walls CS-60SQ-SM, Subwoofer: two Rythmik L22

Quote Originally Posted by gln2 View Post
    I have the satin espresso finish.
    It had been a few weeks since I had looked at the new label. Seeing the pic in your post reminded me that it is a smaller size, so placing on top of the original label of course is not an option.
    I don't recommend removing the label, especially considering how long it has been stuck there.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

OK. Thank-you for your responses.

FWIW I have an original pair of satin espresso towers with the labels removed. I can take a picture later this evening or tomorrow depending on when I get home tonight. I still recommend following Dave's advice though.

Edit: The picture would have been pointless. I literally can't tell where the stickers used to be and finish still looks the same.
    Last edited by full_metal_hoodie; 09-15-2023 at 02:51 PM.