Page 271 of 271 FirstFirst ... 266267268269270271
Results 2,701 to 2,707 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

That's not the case, Greg. The V2 cross-over is designed to work with the existing drivers. The ELX cross-over is designed to work with the LX/EX drivers.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    That's not the case, Greg. The V2 cross-over is designed to work with the existing drivers. The ELX cross-over is designed to work with the LX/EX drivers.
    A-Ha!!! So; 2 (new) different crossovers!!
    Sorry guys! Somewhere along the way, I missed that.
    Robert; much appreciated for pointing that out.

No worries, Greg. Let us know which way you go - V2 or ELX.

FWIW, I was considering the V2 only but after communicating with Dave, went for the full monty. Well worth the money and no regrets.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post
    A-Ha!!! So; 2 (new) different crossovers!!
    Sorry guys! Somewhere along the way, I missed that.
    Robert; much appreciated for pointing that out.
    Robert is correct.

A crossover is specifically designed for the drivers it will be sending the signal to. It will never function properly if a driver it was not designed for is connected. In other words, whenever a different driver is used, it will require crossover changes.

V2 Tower and ELX Tower use different crossovers.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Robert is correct.

A crossover is specifically designed for the drivers it will be sending the signal to. It will never function properly if a driver it was not designed for is connected. In other words, whenever a different driver is used, it will require crossover changes.

V2 Tower and ELX Tower use different crossovers.

Thanks Dave!
    - Greg

Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbon (front) | Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE (rears) | Ascend Acoustics Duo (center) | Mirage Omni S10 10" Sub ||| Jolida JD302CRC 50wpc Integrated Tube Amp | Turntable: George Merrill PolyTable w/ Digital Motor Drive, Jelco SA-750e Tonearm, AudioQuest Wildcat Tonearm cable, Ortofon 2M Bronze MM Cart., Hagerman Labs Cornet3 Tube Phono Stage ||| Sony XBR65X81 CH 65" | Sony SA3100ES AVR | Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray | Oppo DV-980H CD

Yea...I had thought the same prior to placing my upgrade order. Dave alerted me about V2 to ELX is not feasible...so I must decide what way I'll go...in the end...very happy with the V2...of course in my case I changed the dome so the improvement was substantial...
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Yea...I had thought the same prior to placing my upgrade order. Dave alerted me about V2 to ELX is not feasible...so I must decide what way I'll go...in the end...very happy with the V2...of course in my case I changed the dome so the improvement was substantial...
    Towers can definitely be upgraded from V2 to ELX, but this upgrade is essentially the same as going from original towers to ELX towers as the V2 crossover must be changed to the ELX crossover. I generally don't recommend going from original to V2 then to ELX, simply because of doing all that work twice. So if someone is planning to eventually go to ELX, it makes the most sense to go direct to ELX, rather than V1 to V2 to ELX.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com