Page 235 of 271 FirstFirst ... 230231232233234235236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by pointfive View Post
    Just put in an order online yesterday night for a black matte tower with RAAL. So excited. Been researching these speakers for a few months now. Getting approvals and making the leap! Now the painful wait. Hoping it will arrive by end of next week.
    Ascend folks - please make it happen

Think its really interesting how the speakers were designed 8 years ago yet such a strong following! Can't wait to plug these in and do a comparison vs my current tower setup. What should I listen to? I have these in mind:
    Norah Jones - Come Away With Me album
    Miles Davis - individual tracks
    Hans Zimmer Live in Prague - Blu ray
    Thanks for getting your order in! We completely sold out of tower cabinets due to the holidays, but the next batch will be at our office tomorrow. I don't think we will be able to get the pair shipped to you within a week, 2 weeks is more like it at this point. Please give us a call if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks again!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi there community. The there is a -3 db at 52hz according to the measurements page on the Sierra Towers, Dave's listening room tests on page 1 it is -3 db at 34 hz, but on the picture Merrymaid520 posted of the provided Frequency response measurement chart on page 5 it says he has a -3db at about 120hz. The Frequency Response chart in the picture, where was that measured? Can someone help me understand why the difference? Why is that -3 db at 120hz? Can others post their frequency response measurement charts received with their Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by jstraight View Post
    Hi there community. The there is a -3 db at 52hz according to the measurements page on the Sierra Towers, Dave's listening room tests on page 1 it is -3 db at 34 hz, but on the picture Merrymaid520 posted of the provided Frequency response measurement chart on page 5 it says he has a -3db at about 120hz. The Frequency Response chart in the picture, where was that measured? Can someone help me understand why the difference? Why is that -3 db at 120hz? Can others post their frequency response measurement charts received with their Towers?
    It’s the measurement technique used as the speakers are coming off the assembly line. Anything below 250hz is invalid. It says that on the chart...at least it does for my Sierra-2’s.
    Last edited by curtis; 01-12-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    -curtis

Your right, it does. I panicked for a minute! Thanks Curtis.

Dave's specs are right on but it depends on the room. The natural boundary gain in most rooms should play down to 30-40hz. Here is a 5 position uncorrected average. The black target line is -3db at 29hz. The actual extension is flat to 27hz in my room full range. Most crossover at 60, 70 or 80hz. 80Hz is what I use for movies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eyecatcher; 01-12-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    Ascend Sierra ELX Towers RAAL | Ascend Sierra ELX Horizon RAAL | Ascend HTM-200SE | Rythmik F15HP | Anthem D2v 3D | Parasound Halo A51 | Schiit Yggdrasil OG | OPPO 105D

Quote Originally Posted by jstraight View Post
    Full range quasi-anechoic measurement of our towers, as published on our site, show -3dB to be approximately 41-42Hz. I am not sure where you are seeing 52Hz. As you may or may not know, it is not possible to accurately measure bass in an assembly line / production environment. One would need to measure the speaker in an anechoic chamber, or drag the speaker outside and hoist it and the mic nearly 10 meters high. Obviously, this would make for a rather challenging production schedule

As such, the printed measurements we include are limited in the bass range, typically anything below 250Hz is meaningless. No loudspeaker manufacturer in existence would be able to include true and accurate full range measurements of an individual speaker shipped to a customer. It would take an entire day for one speaker, while also risking serious damage to the speaker due to all the handling needed.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Any chance that we will see spins of the RAAL Tower? It would be interesting to see how they compare to the Sierra-2EX and other speakers.

htsierratower.jpg

The towers arrived about a week ago. Got a chance to compare them with the Axiom m60s that they replaced. Not a fair comparison considering the ST is double in price. However...
    1. ST was more compact overall, but taller
    2. I preferred the overall build and the finishing of the ST. Really liked the 'grainy' surface texture of the matte black
    3. Design aesthetics was better on the ST.
    4. Vocals and higher frequencies really shine thanks to the ribbon tweeter.
    5. Appreciate the added separation in the music. Each instrument seemed more distinct with the ST. The Axioms were no slouch, but instruments seemed more often muddled together.
    6. Difference was not apparent for movies. Not sure I agree that speakers that sound good musically are not as good for movies.

Well worth the wait! Now if only the budget allowed for the Sierra Horizon!

Nice room

Quote Originally Posted by Shazb0t View Post
    Any chance that we will see spins of the RAAL Tower? It would be interesting to see how they compare to the Sierra-2EX and other speakers.
    Yes, please!