Thread: Outdoor speakers

Default Outdoor speakers

I'm currently lookin to buy some outdoor speakers and of course wish ascend made some, so I'm left to go elsewhere. I enjoy listening to music while working in the yard, barbecuing, entertaining etc. Does anyone one have experience with outdoor speakers or brands they could recommend in the 300-400 dollar range? Any info is appreciated, tired of listening to a portable cd player outside and want better sound.

Any plans for outdoor speakers Dave?

Default Re: Outdoor speakers

I've got 4 Niles OS6 speakers installed in the patio area. They are 2 way with a 5 inch polypropylene woofer cone and a coated dome tweeter. I have had them for over 10 years and have not had a problem plus they sound decent and were not too expensive. Not sure if they have replaced this model with a newer one. Using 4 speakers instead of 2 for the patio distributes the sound over the entire patio area evenly whereas 2 speakers would require loader volume levels to cover the same area and possibly irritate neighbors, if you have any. Each speaker is rated at 8 ohms so most amps shouldn't have a problem and they are rated for up to 100 watts per channel.

I just got a Radio Shack PA with 15 inch woofer for this very reason. It only cost 90 clams. I can now listen to music at my neighbors house, and amazingly, we ALL seem happy.

Jim

I have the yamaha outdoor speakers that i am using as my rear surrounds right now until i have enough money to get ascends, then i will put them outside, let the partys begin!! You cant go wrong for the price and they sound decent.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-NS-AW15...1603345&sr=8-2