Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker stand alternatives: advice/suggestions?

Default Re: Speaker stand alternatives: advice/suggestions?

I got the NF30 myself. Pretty nice and were on sale for 40% off at amazon (still are). 30" puts them right at ear level when sitting on a couch. Pretty solid build quality too. Better than expected.
    Last edited by Brannigan; 07-14-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midas12 View Post
    Dave - Regarding the stands, do you intend to still list the stands on the site?
    Yes -- I think we are going to go with the Sanus SF-30 speaker stands. We have a set here and I really like the build quality and look. My only concern with them is that they are not sand fillable
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

If you guys came up with some hardware to screw in to the back of the sierras that would clamp to the sanus stands in some way that would be great. I use blue tack and it's pretty good but something more substantial would give me peace of mind. Imagine sort of a C clamp but one end of the C is a straight screw in to the back of the speakers. Not sure exactly how it would look.

Patent pending

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    If you guys came up with some hardware to screw in to the back of the sierras that would clamp to the sanus stands in some way that would be great. I use blue tack and it's pretty good but something more substantial would give me peace of mind. Imagine sort of a C clamp but one end of the C is a straight screw in to the back of the speakers. Not sure exactly how it would look.
    My SF 26 arrived today and the hardware kit included a speaker bolt down screw. I had noticed the sierra's include a bolt down for side wall application maybe if they would include another bolt down centred on the top plate from underneath to secure them down on the stand. Heh...following the instruction booklet it mentioned "time to add the sand or shot" I thought to myself wow that is going to be tuff...using those tiny screw holes.

I don't think the bolt is meant for side wall mounting, but for attaching to Ascend's TP-24 stands. Those stands come a back plate that attaches the speaker to the stand.
    -curtis

I have to agree with a few of the sentiments here in this thread...

First, I SOOOOO wish someone would start carrying Partington Super Dreadnaughts in the US... Their website claims they are open to applications for international distributors: http://www.audiomanogamy.co.uk/ just gotta convince someone >_<

Though I'm sure importing stands like that would be stupid expensive.

Second, Sanus do seem to have some of the nicer stands available here in the US, but I must agree with the others in that having no way to secure your speakers is disconcerting.

I definitely will miss the mounting design of my B&W CM5 where it actually bolts down to the stand on all 4 corners. It just brings peace of mind (though ironically I have the NrTs sitting on top of the CM5s atm, and it doesn't really bother me in the slightest.)

Seems like there must be a way to design a stand that can use that back hole just like the pedestal stand does to secure the speaker. Like some custom stands with a little arm welded on.

Blue Tack, or Museum Putty will hold really well. Give it a little time to settle in. I use 5 blobs, corners and center. I pulled a small splinter off the bottom of a speaker once removing it. The speaker stand and speaker will fall over before the speaker comes off.