Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PC-13Ultra to a Rythmik?

Default Re: PC-13Ultra to a Rythmik?

Yup...in your dedicated HT room, I would add another PB12-NSD.
    -curtis

Default Re: PC-13Ultra to a Rythmik?

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_teller View Post
    @DougMac

Now yours is an interesting dilemma!
    Jonathan,

Thanks for your clear and detailed response! I guess I was considering Rhythmik for a gain in transient response. It's not that I have a problem with the PB12-NSD, I just thought by nature the servo sub would offer some improvement in this area. I didn't realize there'd be a tradeoff. I like the way the PB12-NSD digs deep. Listen to the credits music for the PBS Nova program. I can easily hear the bass drum deep fundamental although it is well integrated with the rest of the orchestra.

Everything I've read points to multiple subs. I pre-wired my home theater for two subs up front, which because of room configuration is about my only option. I'd never mix and match subs and you offer a very clear explanation of the shortcomings of doing so.

I'm far from a bass head, I prefer more integrated bass. There are some movies, though, where the LFE begs for the system to be cranked. I don't know if this is good or bad, but my Ascend/SVS combination is so distortion free that loud doesn't sound "loud".

Speaking of Ascend/SVS, they play exceptionally well together.

For the time being, I'll aspire to add another PB12-NSD. Of course, when I win the lottery, it's a complete makeover with Sierra Towers and Rhythmik subs!