Received the piano black speakers a little over a week ago, and they do look stunning. They replace another manufacture’s bookshelf speakers in a 2.0 system that is used only for music.

Dave was very helpful in that I had issues with the bass. He asked in an exchange of email if I had rerun Audyssey which I had not. I reran Audyssey, and afterwards made one change in the settings. All bass issues were corrected.

For the last three days I have listened to classical, jazz, rock and country, and the sound quality is dramatically improved over my old speakers. While I lack the words to adequately describe the improvements in all the instruments, I am especially impressed with the improvement in sound from stringed instruments.

From what I have heard so far, the bass goes low enough to cover most of the music I play. As I was listening to the bass drums in Stravinsky’s “The Rite of Spring,” had to wonder what bass I might be missing and what stress the music was placing on the woofers in the Sierra-1’s.