Thread: Ascend 5.1 setup with energy connoisseur rears?

Question Ascend 5.1 setup with energy connoisseur rears?

Just got my 340SE's L/C/R and my 200SE's for surround L/R and already had a pair of Energy connoisseur's for my rears from a previous setup along with a Epik Legend Sub and was wondering if anybody had any experience with how the Connoiseur's performed with the Ascend's. I am in between house moves and have to wait a month till I can set this all up in the new house to listen. Any experience with this blend/set-up would be much appreciated. I would be running the Energy's in bipole mode just FYI. Thanks--- Tommy

Default Re: Ascend 5.1 setup with energy connoisseur rears?

Congrats on the new speakers. As with your Ascends, Energy makes quality speakers. Being that they are a different brand of speaker, you might notice a difference in the tonality and timbre of the speaker if you directly compared the two. However, the fact they would be used as surround back speakers, producing ambient sounds make the fact that they are not in the same family of speakers not as important. I don't see a big deal implementing them into your existing Ascend setup.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Dr. House; 04-21-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Default Re: Ascend 5.1 setup with energy connoisseur rears?

Thanks for the reply---Tommy