I've been quiet these past many weeks because Christmas rearranging of living room furniture meant moving music system out of the way of the tree. (Sigh). Anyway,

First, I wanted to commend Dave on his position. I have *NEVER* met or heard of a guy who runs a company being so open to criticism or negative customer feedback, whether it's building cars or computers or houses or speakers or whatever. My hat's off to Dave for his focus on building the best speakers he can to make the most customers happy, and his enthusiastic embracing of the chance to learn something about his customers and the products he builds for them.

Second, my Sierra's continue to amaze me, and whether installing the new tweeters and crossover would make them sound better, worse or simply different falls into the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" category, or possibly more accurately one of Murphy's laws: "if you mess with a thing long enough, you'll break it." At least, for me. I love what I'm hearing, and I don't want to mess with it. Yet. Right now (tree is out, speakers are back) I'm still experimenting with minor changes in location / positioning, and finding the music I'm getting responds enthusiastically to minor nudges this way and that. Surprising how moving one or the other speaker a half inch this way or that can make something sound so different. I do wish I didn't have cables (Blue Jeans Belden 5000 with ultrasonically welded banana plugs, in my case) with plugs that stuck out so far - between the cable connectors and the size of the binding posts on the speakers, I can't get them as close to the wall as I'd like, based on what I hear as I move them to ever closer proximity. My next "upgrade" is going to be to cables that let me move the speakers closer to the wall.

Anyway. One other point - Mag_Neato said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
+1

... Perhaps a home trial could be setup by Ascend that would include a Sierra-1 AND a Sierra-NrT speaker so the customer could do a side by side in their home. Whichever speaker they preffered they keep, send the other speaker back, Ascend then ships the other matching speaker to the customer and the final costs adjusted. Just an idea that may help avoid this issue in the future.
uh, sounds good, guy, but Dave indicated they're having trouble filling the orders they've got. Don't see how Ascend could possibly make such a home trial possible at the present time. Plus, think about the logistics and cost of that. Unless you want to see the price of the speakers increase to cover that kind of overhead, can't see how Dave could make that happen. Just my two cents.

Back to music...