Thread: NrT upgrade completed!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: NrT upgrade completed!

I had a few blunders with the upgrade, but nothing worse for the wear other than the cosmetics of the black screws.
    Know what can work wonders? Black marker! Well actually read the context before you try this at home... I built a DIY pair of speakers and turns out Rona doesn't have black screws So I purchased metallic colored screws with slight bluish hue... After a few weeks, I got tired of the screws flashing, and I said what the hell, I'll just try a cheapo black marker... It worked like a charm! So I'm guessing that if some of your black screws now have some "silver shiny" on them, that could work! No idea about the life expectancy of black marker on screws, but chances are that it won't look worst than 'chewed' screws! And if it starts to degrade or something, you can always add another layer. I did 2 black marker layers on my screws, and from 1-2 feet away don't think I could differentiate them from regular black screws... Actually, the light reflection is a little more purplish than white on regular black screws, but it's not a big difference... I was actually surprised it worked so good!

So it sounds like the upgrade is quite significant, can't wait to get mine!
    Last edited by GirgleMirt; 12-10-2010 at 02:37 PM.