Hi,
I'm looking to purchase 3 pairs of speakers to mount on parallel walls in a 46x20 ish room. They will roughly be placed 10-12 feet from the floor. This room is going to be for entertainment as well as some movie watching, sports, and listening to club music. I'd say 65% music/sports and 35% movies/TV. I will have another room dedicated to home theater. I listen to house, trance, post-rock and hip-hop. I also DJ as well, and a DJ station will hookup to them for parties and such. So I'm looking for a good sounding speaker that can get good volume levels and bass. The room is pretty echoey, the right wall is all glass and its a concrete floor. On party nights, I'd be running more than enough power for the speakers for 2-4 hours straight. I was planning on using a pro dj amp (crown XLS) to power the speakers if that is ok since you get more bang for your buck.

2nd to the above I'm looking for an L, C, and R to mount on the wall above the fireplace, where an 55" Samsung LED-LCD will go. 1 pair of the above mentioned speakers will double as the surrounds, via speaker switching... allowing 5.1 surround sound in that room as well. While watching sports I'd have all the speakers running at the same time, including the 3 pairs on walls. The 5.1 setup will be on a separate receiver/amp than the 3 pairs. I also plan on getting 2 SVS subs, but when I listen to music only, I didn't want to rely on having the subs, which draw more power and more of an electric bill. I work from home, so while I'm working I wanted to have some bg music at low-mod levels.

Someone from AVS forum mentioned your CMT-340's for the 3 pairs on the walls. So I was wondering if you could lend any advice if those speakers will do what I'm looking for? Also as far as placement, each pair is directly across from each other and I'm not sure how I would angle them? I was thinking each would be a 45 degree across the other side of room, what are your thoughts?

I'm also concerned about the 'asthetic' of the speakers. I don't want the room to look awful with speakers installed. I'm worried that they will look to huge hanging from the walls and stick out like a soar thumb?

I'm also looking at SVS and Emotiva Audio speakers. Another brand is German based 'Canton' which I can get direct pricing from. They have great looking speakers but I'm not sure how they sound, but its another company I'm looking at. SVS makes a dipole speaker, that is low profile, but doesn't output any low freq's... trying to figure out the best fit!

Anyway, it be great if I could get some advice from you guys on what to do? I'm looking to purchase asap. I've attached some photos for your review. You can see the speaker wires hanging just waiting to be hooked up!

Thanks,
Ryan