Thread: Speaker LAYOUT--2 subs vs. more 340's:

Can't you daisychain subs using a y-connector? After all, the sub just needs a good signal. The amplifier should take care of the rest. would the signal be degraded by splitting it?

Code:
    subwoofer output --> RCA male/dual-male y connector --> subwoofer
                                                    |             

-> subwoofer

How big is the room? You may not really gain much from having two subs.

GodsMadClown is right....all you need is a Y-connector to be able to use two subs.

-curtis

Dave G Guest

Same question as Curtis -- how big is your room? We have your System 2 (except no rears) in a 15.5 x 21 x 10 room and get all the bass we can stand out of the VTF-3 MK2.

How do you like your Pioneer Elite 45tx? I'm looking for a new receiver and the 53tx and perhaps the 55txi are on my short list.

Dave

My room size is, as of yet undetermined. I am moving. The problem is that I promised my wife this would be the last upgrade for a while, and I want to take it for all it's worth... I have heard the addition of a second subwoofer does a lot for the sound!

To answer your other question, I couldn't be happier with the 45Tx. I upgraded from a Technics unit that had an external digital decoder and, although it certainly wasn't bad, the 45Tx completely blew it out of the water. Surprisingly, the thing I noticed most aside from greater noise from the rear channels, was the difference in picture quality. It was astounding! My reds looked beautiful and the blues absolutely came alive! This may have more to do with the fact that I also upgraded from a Toshiba DVD to the Denon 1600... but I don't think so because I had a chance to A/B them, and there was a HUGE difference.

The MCACC is a nice little addition and the USB is quite handy, if you intend to connect your computer to your stereo to play MP3's or games, or whatnot.

In short, I 100% recommend the Pioneer! : )

I say wait until after you move.

Having more than one sub gives you more headroom, and can help with creating a better listening environment for more than one listening area.

-curtis

Dave G Guest

Good luck on your move. And thanks for the feedback on the 45tx.

Dave

I should add that more headroom does not necessarily mean it will sound better.

-curtis