Thread: Moving surprise!

Cool Moving surprise!

Fun story... A few weeks ago I was tearing down my system to move, and when I removed one of my CBM-170 surrounds from its wall mount, I heard a bunch of stuff moving around inside the speaker! Needless to say, I was quite alarmed at the sound, and quickly removed the woofer from the front of the speaker. Here's what I saw:

Those pellets inside are pieces of bird food, and there were a LOT of them, along with a few other small edible pet goodies.

We had kept a bird perch fairly close to the wall where the speaker was mounted, and there were window curtains about a foot over from the speaker position on the wall. This, combined with evidence of mice living in the house, which included a nest built inside the box for my F15 subwoofer, leads me to believe the mice were stealing food from the bird perch, climbing up the window curtains, jumping to the wall mounted speaker, and depositing the food inside through the rear port for safekeeping. Luckily, they didn't appear to have nested in there, just using it to hide food.

Here's an after picture of the full pile of food stuffs I removed from the speaker:

Good times...
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Default Re: Moving surprise!

OK....that's funny!
    -curtis