Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - need a name for the Towers!

Default Re: Help - need a name for the Towers!

Sierra Plateau?

Would it affect the sound if we place lil tassels or propellers on the tips of the mid ranges? If not, "teaton" just might work!!

I like the Summit-3.

I see the point of not naming them a highest point and was going to say the same thing, but there are always higher things then the tops of mountains. You have plenty of atmospheric layers, or plenty of things out in space. And anything better may not be in the same family of speaker, and could be named something else entirely.

If the towers end up with the summit name you started out with, are you going to just send hats out to everyone who responded? Or just those that agreed with you?

Hi Dave, I hope you will like my idea for your new towers - Dune.
    PS, You have very good stuff.
    PPS, Up to now, i have 2 Ascend Sierras and 2 340 se.
    My set up;
    Pioneer BDP 51FD, ARCAM avr 300, SIERRA
    ARCAM DVD 78, CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 640A II, ASCEND 340SE
    ARTHUR Y.

Thumbs up Skyline

I like the Sierra Skyline name. Makes me think of the Nissan car with the dominant performance but understated looks...

Sierra Eclipse
    Sierra - E3

Eclipse:

1) To surpass; outshine:
    2) To be much better than...

Hello again, all. It's been a long time...

I am reminded of this old thread from 4 years ago, which some of you might find makes interesting reading, again or for the first time. I'm as interested in this speaker now as I was back then.

Regarding names, I haven't yet seen anything I like better than "Sierra Summit". The only alternative which I can come up with which rolls off the tongue nearly as well and conveys a similar but slightly different meaning is "Sierra Statement".
    Last edited by GaryB; 11-24-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: 4 years, not 5

"Sierra Summit" is a fine name. Or you could just call the tower "Sierra Grande" (I think there is a real mountain/volcano in New Mexico called this). Regardless, I think you should keep "Sierra" in the name to make it obvious that it is an evolution of the Sierra-1.

For the sake of simplicity and continuity (as the Sierra-1 did not get a second name), how about simply naming the Sierra NRT bookshelf the Sierra-2 and the tower, Sierra-3?

In my opinion, the name should begin with Sierra, followed by either a number (ie, -2 or -3) or a name (ie, Summit, Grande), not both as this would be a needless source of potential confusion
    Last edited by cynan; 11-24-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Wow Gary...great read from the past. Your last post in that thread was almost exactly 4 years ago!
    Last edited by curtis; 11-24-2010 at 11:22 AM.
    -curtis

You're right, Curtis... 4 years, not 5 as I claimed in my previous post. Glad to offer that little bit of nostalgia...

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Wow Gary...great read from the past. Your last post in that thread was almost exactly 4 years ago!
    Talk about the circle of life! I love how that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cynan View Post
    "Sierra Summit" is a fine name. Or you could just call the tower "Sierra Grande" (I think there is a real mountain/volcano in New Mexico called this).
    Oooh, I like Sierra Grande! That's my new favourite, along with Brandon's Sierra-3T and the Sierra Summit suggestions.