Thread: Help with finishing the deal

I would suggest matching your back speakers. (what you're calling side speakers, I think of as also being back L/R speakers). If you have a flyby in the rear, I would think you'd want balance there, so i'd go with 3, 170s.

i'm purchasing the rest of an ascend system next week.
    i'll move my 170s to l/r surrounds. not sure if rear surrounds will work in my room just yet, but i'm sure the 170s would do the job.

i think 170s are plenty for surrounds. plus, they're extremely easy to mount.

The 170's are an amazing speaker...they're MORE than you'll need for surround duty.

Randy

<font face="Times New Roman"></font id="Times New Roman"><font size="1"></font id="size1"><font color="black"></font id="black">I'll go with 170's for surrounds then. Now to email Ascend about shipping...

I have the same system in which you are thinking about the cmt-340 across the front and the cbm's 170 in the rear all I can say is they kick butt!!!!!! they will blow you away period!!!! with the money you saved go out and buy more dvd's

<font face="Times New Roman"></font id="Times New Roman"><font size="1"></font id="size1"><font color="black"></font id="black">Thanks for all the replies. I sent an email out to Ascend for a price check on shipping. If it isn't too bad I'll be ordering the set-up next month.