Thread: NrT Upgrade and Center Channel

Default NrT Upgrade and Center Channel

I purchased a pair of Sierra-1's earlier this year and I'm finally getting around to buying a matching center channel. Currently, I only have the room to fit a horizontal center channel, but eventually I would like to run it vertically once I get a new stand and mount my TV on the wall.

So, what I wanted to know is, would there be any issues going from a horizontal standard Sierra-1 and converting it into a vertical NrT Sierra-1 (like crossover or tweeter placement)? I'm not sure what is involved in doing the upgrade myself, so it might be something where I ship it back to Ascend and let them do it since I'm not the most handy person out there...

Thanks

-EST

Default Re: NrT Upgrade and Center Channel

Quote Originally Posted by templemaners View Post
    So, what I wanted to know is, would there be any issues going from a horizontal standard Sierra-1 and converting it into a vertical NrT Sierra-1 (like crossover or tweeter placement)? I'm not sure what is involved in doing the upgrade myself, so it might be something where I ship it back to Ascend and let them do it since I'm not the most handy person out there...
    This is not a problem at all... To convert a center to horizontal and vice versa all you need to do is rotate the tweeter 90 degrees. With regard to converting a Sierra-1 to a Sierra-1 NrT -- instructions have been posted

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=4526

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thumbs up Re: NrT Upgrade and Center Channel

Great to know - thanks Dave.