Thread: First impressions on new Sierra-1

Smile First impressions on new Sierra-1

These speakers really go well with the Rythmik F15HP sub I purchased at the same time. The sound is spacious and clear. In my 5.1 setup movie sound comes alive and it feels like I am in the action. I am driving these with a new DENON AVR 3311CI and the Audyssey automated setup really brings the whole system to life. I'm coming from some old AR 48's I have had for about 20 years. They were good in there day but the science has moved on. My needs in speakers are fairly basic, I do not need real LOUD, but I like real CLEAR and accurate, which the Sierra-1's give me. My side surrounds are HTM-200 SE
    and they blend in fine with the Sierra-1 for a nice HT experience. My room is about 20' x 20' and open to a kitchen on one side. The music sounds good even in the kitchen and in other areas in the house. My hat is off to Ascend for putting together an affordable set of products this good.

Default Re: First impressions on new Sierra-1

Quote Originally Posted by hemingrey66 View Post
    These speakers really go well with the Rythmik F15HP sub I purchased at the same time. The sound is spacious and clear. In my 5.1 setup movie sound comes alive and it feels like I am in the action. I am driving these with a new DENON AVR 3311CI and the Audyssey automated setup really brings the whole system to life. I'm coming from some old AR 48's I have had for about 20 years. They were good in there day but the science has moved on. My needs in speakers are fairly basic, I do not need real LOUD, but I like real CLEAR and accurate, which the Sierra-1's give me. My side surrounds are HTM-200 SE
    and they blend in fine with the Sierra-1 for a nice HT experience. My room is about 20' x 20' and open to a kitchen on one side. The music sounds good even in the kitchen and in other areas in the house. My hat is off to Ascend for putting together an affordable set of products this good.
    Looks like you are really enjoying your setup. Can you comment on the experience/enhancement Oudyssey brings to the table? Have you compared with and without Audyssey engaged?
    Thanks..

Default Re: First impressions on new Sierra-1

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1000 View Post
    Looks like you are really enjoying your setup. Can you comment on the experience/enhancement Oudyssey brings to the table? Have you compared with and without Audyssey engaged?
    Thanks..
    I did listen for a few days before I ran the Audyssey set up. After the Audyssey all my speakers were balanced at my listening position. I especially noticed the Sub was now engaged and blending in nicely. The version of Audyssey used with the Denon 3311CI worked well for me. An improved version is available with the Denon 4311CI which is getting great reviews on the AVS forum. The set up is very easy to run. You run it with the remote using the provided mike. It takes up to eight measurements and sets the speakers.
    You can still override various settings if you desire, but I am happy with things as Audyssey set them.