Thread: 370 PEQ Crossover Settings for 2.1 System

Default 370 PEQ Crossover Settings for 2.1 System

Hi Dave,

After talking to you on the phone the other day, I think I've got this proposed Sierra 1 / F-15 2.1 channel setup figured out:

Sierra 1 run full range using Q-Plug "A", low-pass crossover handled by Rythmik using low-level in from DAC L/R out (it also has balanced outputs which are active simultaneously, those will drive the UPA-1 amps). This won't give me a high pass for the speaks, but the Q-Plugs sort of do that anyway.

So, as a starting point at least, I would set the variable crossover to 60hz, the extension filter to "14" with "hi" damping, and the low-pass to "ext/12" with rumble filter "off"?

The "ext/12" setting is what will give me the 12dB/octave slope to match the roll off of the Sierra 1 with the plug?
    Last edited by Too_Blue; 10-04-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Default Re: 370 PEQ Crossover Settings for 2.1 System

Quote Originally Posted by Too_Blue View Post
    Hi Dave,

After talking to you on the phone the other day, I think I've got this proposed Sierra 1 / F-15 2.1 channel setup figured out:

Sierra 1 run full range using Q-Plug "A", low-pass crossover handled by Rythmik using low-level in from DAC L/R out (it also has balanced outputs which are active simultaneously, those will drive the UPA-1 amps). This won't give me a high pass for the speaks, but the Q-Plugs sort of do that anyway.

So, as a starting point at least, I would set the variable crossover to 60hz, the extension filter to "14" with "hi" damping, and the low-pass to "ext/12" with rumble filter "off"?

The "ext/12" setting is what will give me the 12dB/octave slope to match the roll off of the Sierra 1 with the plug?
    You have this EXACTLY right. This same setup has actually become quite popular with our 2-channel purists

I think you will be quite impressed....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Great!

2 Channel purists can't be wrong.

Sounds good, thanks.

One last question. Does using the Q-Plug help efficiency any, since the driver isn't trying to play down to below 40hz any more, but rolling off sooner? Or is the fact that the full range signal is still being sent to the speaker still a major factor?
    Last edited by Too_Blue; 10-08-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Too_Blue View Post
    One last question. Does using the Q-Plug help efficiency any, since the driver isn't trying to play down to below 40hz any more, but rolling off sooner? Or is the fact that the full range signal is still being sent to the speaker still a major factor?
    Sorry I missed this

No, using the Q-plugs will not change the speaker's efficiency. Even if using a passive or active high-pass filter, speaker efficiency will not change.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com