Thread: 340s and Vocals

Default 340s and Vocals

It's sure nice to be able to make out vocals that before I couldn't understand.

Default Re: 340s and Vocals

Quote Originally Posted by jerrymb View Post
    It's sure nice to be able to make out vocals that before I couldn't understand.
    What are they saying to you?
    -curtis

Default Re: 340s and Vocals

Sounds like you're getting to know your 340's!

I've noticed we set the volume lower for regular TV and even movie watching now that we have our 340's in our home theater. I think it's a combination of the room's better acoustics compared to our old viewing area as well as the quality of the 340's. OTOH, when we want to crank it, as we did this weekend while watching Eric Clapton's "Crossroads Festival", we can do so without ear fatigue.

We watched a movie at a friend's house a few weeks back. I noticed two things, first they had the sound turned up much louder than we normally do, and second by halfway through the movie, I was suffering from listening fatigue. I realized they had the sound cranked up so high to make the dialog intelligible. Even turned up, I found myself straining to understand, especially some male voices.

The sad part is that they paid nearly as much for their "speaker system" as I paid for my Ascends and SVS sub.
    Last edited by DougMac; 09-14-2010 at 01:20 PM.