Thread: CMT 340SE's and Emotiva DMR-1

Default CMT 340SE's and Emotiva DMR-1

Any one here tried this combination? I'm waiting on the DMR-1 to arrive. It is replacing an ONKYO TX SR701. I'm running a 6.1 set up with five 340 SE's and one Infinity BETA c250 for the rear surround. My sub is a HSU VTF 1. I've had the Ascends for awhile now and love them BTW.

Default Re: CMT 340SE's and Emotiva DMR-1

The DMR-1 is a discontinued unit...right?

That said, Onkyo's supposedly have good amp sections, good or bad, the differences you will hear, if any, will be interesting.
    -curtis

The Onkyo has served me well. I'm more about the audio than video. So after some tweaking in a difficult room. I was able to get a very enjoyable listening experience from it. I come from the old two channel separate component days. Sold my fairly high end gear to go surround. Was never really happy until I got a matched set of the Ascends. Just excellent speakers for my taste and budget! The DMR-1 has been discontinued for a few years I think. But has positive reviews and a class D amp which is new for me. I will try to leave a decent update on my findings. These upgrades get tougher when you're older and the wife "just doesn't understand".

Sorry if this isn't technical enough. However I started my budget audiophile quest 35 years ago. I began with a 35 watt Rotel receiver, Garrard zero 100 turntable w/Pickering cartridge and Ultra Linear speakers. Cheap speakers but 3 ways with a big woofer and circuit protection. Which I needed at that age. I eventually built up to what was my two channel reference system. A Carver C-16 pre, Carver TFM-25 amp and Mirage M5SI speakers. Then for some reason I decided to go surround sound. Until I found the Ascends I just was not happy. Now that I have them connected to high quality electronics I'm even happier. The staging, depth and detail of the sound are all greatly improved. I'm not ready too say I have the two channel sound I did with the Mirage speakers. But they were a thousand dollars each. And being driven with 225 watts. But I'm listening in stereo again and feel real close to where I was. So let me just say I already loved my Ascend speakers. Now even more with my current set up.