Thread: Another Happy Customer

Default Another Happy Customer

Just wanted to post to say i'm very happy with my new Ascend speakers. I've been looking to replace my aging system for some time now and finally settled on Ascend without having the opportunity to listen to them, I've very happy with that choice.

Impressive frequency response, I was a tad worried at first because the mains were rather bright with music, but after 5 days or so of beating on them and rerunning room correction they loosed up nicely and sound amazing.

I spent a few years doing electronics design for DSP based audio processing and got to play with some very impressive sound systems. Short of acoustical treatment in my room i have a feeling your speakers would give any of the equipment i've used in the past a run for its money and destroy it on price/performance.

Awesome to see there are still businesses concentrating on quality over marketing!

Pic of my new setup below, I'd like to mount the surrounds higher but space didn't really allow for it. Positioning isn't perfect either but there was a limit to how much i wanted to mess with the view of the harbor. Sorry for the washed out photo, camera on my phone didn't like how bright it was outside when i took this.

Consists of:
    340SE mains
    340C center
    170 SE surrounds
    polk PSW505 sub (eventually will be replaced with a rythmik i think, its low end extension sucks)
    Onkyo TX-SR707 receiver
    various sources

Cheers,
    mark

Default Re: Another Happy Customer

Hi Mark,

Your room and setup look fantastic (awesome view too)! I am pleased that you are enjoying the 340's. I think they are impossible to beat at this price point
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com