Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ascend Forums on Smartphones

Lightbulb Ascend Forums on Smartphones

I often read the ascend forums on my iPhone and Android phone on the train and at work, etc... I recently discovered TapaTalk, which is an iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry app that formats the forums specifically for your mobile device.

I would LOVE if Dave would add support for this. It is free for the forum owners. (The app costs a couple bucks for the end-user). Threre are details here for how to enable support: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Thanks!

Default Re: Ascend Forums on Smartphones

I have not used TapaTalk yet, but everything I have read about it is pretty positive.
    -curtis

Yeah, I would love to see it implemented here.

Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    I often read the ascend forums on my iPhone and Android phone on the train and at work, etc... I recently discovered TapaTalk, which is an iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry app that formats the forums specifically for your mobile device.

I would LOVE if Dave would add support for this. It is free for the forum owners. (The app costs a couple bucks for the end-user). Threre are details here for how to enable support: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I have not used TapaTalk yet, but everything I have read about it is pretty positive.
    Yeah, I would love to see it implemented here.
    This looks really interesting. I don't quite understand the fee structure or how the app works but I am definitely going to look into this. I don't have an iPhone just yet but I was planning on picking up an iPhone 4 this weekend (if I can find one).

Is it worth waiting for the next iPhone upgrade because of the antenna issue? Here in San Clemente we get really poor reception with AT&T.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave, I would suggest you also look at Android based phones.

I have an HTC Evo 4g...very happy with it.

As for Tapatalk, in the Android App Market, the cost is $2.99, and they have had between 10K-50K downloads. That's a nice chunk of change.
    Last edited by curtis; 08-14-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    -curtis

I also love my android phone. I have a Nexus One on AT&T, but the Incredible on Verizon is great.

I also love my android phone. I have a Nexus One on AT&T, but the Incredible on Verizon is great.
    I am afraid that I am stuck with AT&T right now. I don't keep up with smartphone trends so between iPhone 4 and a droid, what are the advantages / disadvantages between them? Which is easiest to type on? Ease of answering emails is of highest priority.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Email is equally great on both iPhone and Android devices. I especially prefer Android for email because of the great Gmail email app on the device. However, if you do not use Gmail then you will have to pull your email into Gmail first.

For simple ease of use, I'd say iPhone wins. For power, I'd say Android wins.

Typing on a touchscreen takes some time getting used to.

If email and messaging are the primary concerns, IMO, as much as I love my Android phone, I think Blackberry is the best for that application. Overall, not as powerful or flexible as the iPhone or Android devices, but do email/messaging extremely well.

BTW...."Droid" is line of phones from Motorola that use the Android OS.
    -curtis

Thanks guys..

Considering I have some Apple gift cards that need to be used, I think I am going to give the iPhone a try. The Android phones look great but the one that really interests me seems to be locked to Verizon
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com