Thread: Ascend Forums on Smartphones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Ascend Forums on Smartphones

I often read the ascend forums on my iPhone and Android phone on the train and at work, etc... I recently discovered TapaTalk, which is an iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry app that formats the forums specifically for your mobile device.

I would LOVE if Dave would add support for this. It is free for the forum owners. (The app costs a couple bucks for the end-user). Threre are details here for how to enable support: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Thanks!

Default Re: Ascend Forums on Smartphones

I have not used TapaTalk yet, but everything I have read about it is pretty positive.
    -curtis

Yeah, I would love to see it implemented here.

Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    I often read the ascend forums on my iPhone and Android phone on the train and at work, etc... I recently discovered TapaTalk, which is an iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry app that formats the forums specifically for your mobile device.

I would LOVE if Dave would add support for this. It is free for the forum owners. (The app costs a couple bucks for the end-user). Threre are details here for how to enable support: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I have not used TapaTalk yet, but everything I have read about it is pretty positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    Yeah, I would love to see it implemented here.
    This looks really interesting. I don't quite understand the fee structure or how the app works but I am definitely going to look into this. I don't have an iPhone just yet but I was planning on picking up an iPhone 4 this weekend (if I can find one).

Is it worth waiting for the next iPhone upgrade because of the antenna issue? Here in San Clemente we get really poor reception with AT&T.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave, I would suggest you also look at Android based phones.

I have an HTC Evo 4g...very happy with it.

As for Tapatalk, in the Android App Market, the cost is $2.99, and they have had between 10K-50K downloads. That's a nice chunk of change.
    Last edited by curtis; 08-14-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    -curtis

I also love my android phone. I have a Nexus One on AT&T, but the Incredible on Verizon is great.