Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^S View Post
    Hi Dave, is the improvements in frequency response due solely to the new tweeter and crossover?
    Yes. The new tweeter allows us to do a few things differently in the crossover, including more precise control of the high-pass filter slope which allows for improved phase integration with the woofer (the stock Sierra-1 already has excellent phase integration but the NrT is even better).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^S View Post
    I remember we discussed once how the diffraction off the edge of the cabinet caused some deviations in the FR. So the new tweeter and crossover was able to compensate for that? If so, that's pretty cool!
    This is now compensated for in the new crossover... I will post the frequency response measurement sometime this weekend.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Dave,

As much as I've been enjoying my Sierras, I can't wait for the towers!! From the sound of it, performance will certainly meet/exceed expectations. How about looks and finishes? Will it inherit the looks of the Sierras but in tower size? How about a cherry cabinet with a black piano finish in the front? Some of those white piano finishes adds a nice touch for a contemporary look. PLEASE give the towers some REALLY nice shoes!!! I think it's one of those "accessory" that can really adds value fairly cheaply.

Is a new center channel in the works to match the towers?

Blake

sorry to hear of your loss dave... i know it probably isn't much comfort, but there are people out here thinking of you...

sent you and dina an email to get on the upgrade list... looking forward to it... even though i'm using my remaining two sierra's as surrounds now, it certainly sounds worthwhile... plus it's possible (likely?) they'll get pushed back into 2 channel service again, my wife has been mentioning that they'd sound really good in her home office...

now that you've got this worked out, when's the sierra-.5 coming????

Hey Dave:

Have you determined a method for us to get entered into the queue or is replying to this thread enough? If so, I'd like to be in the queue.

Thanks,

Chris Eppley

I think it's safe to say this upgrade has generated quite a bit of interest.

In the words of Tom Petty: "The waiting is the hardest part!"
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    This new tweeter is fast, delicate and with loads of top-end air. It is the perfect solution for those that like the advantages of a soft dome but yet miss some of the positive aspects of a metal dome.
    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    * The upgraded tweeter is sharper and quicker, there is a noticeable imrprovement in attack and decay, such that instruments have more *snap* to them, a more concise impact. For example, with cymbals, the impact is clearly more defined with more delicacy and shimmer.
    The lack of snap like a metal dome tweeter is precisely my one very small quibble with my new Sierra-1s. I still think they're the best speakers around for the money, but that's the one spot where I felt the Paradigms were a smidge better. If the Sierra-1s now have this sizzle, they'd be pretty much perfect for me. I can't wait to hear this.

So, if there is a list being built for upgrades, please put me on it.

Of course, this would happen less than two months after buying them. My timing, as usual, is impeccable.

Default Upgrade queue information

Quote Originally Posted by Kucimat View Post
    Hey Dave:

Have you determined a method for us to get entered into the queue or is replying to this thread enough? If so, I'd like to be in the queue.

Thanks,

Chris Eppley
    Yes... To be placed in the upgrade queue, please send an email to dinaL "at" ascendacoustics ( dot com) .... Trying to avoid the spam by not listing the exact email address.

Please provide Dina with your full name, phone number and the number of Sierra's you would like to upgrade.

Sorry for all the delays
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave, I sent another PM to you as I am unable at present to send a personal email to Dina. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you can do, or not.

Thanks!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

David,

I have Sierra-1 LCR plus other speakers in the rear. Would it be bad to only upgrade the LR speakers and leave the Center as-is?

I wouldn't call it "bad".

But the midrange of the NrT is bit more forward, and the center channel handles more midrange because of vocals than the L/R channels.

Personally, I would just leave the front three alone until I could upgrade them all.
    -curtis