Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Curtis, you said you also heard the towers, correct? I know they probably weren't the final version as Dave said he was still kicking around what the final product would be.

If you had to compare the towers and the NrTs what would your statement be? Do they sound the same except the towers will fill a large room better, do they sound completely different? Are they about the same height as the NrT's on stands? Inquiring minds

Quote Originally Posted by edmondwolfman View Post
    Curtis, you said you also heard the towers, correct? I know they probably weren't the final version as Dave said he was still kicking around what the final product would be.

If you had to compare the towers and the NrTs what would your statement be? Do they sound the same except the towers will fill a large room better, do they sound completely different? Are they about the same height as the NrT's on stands? Inquiring minds
    The towers were definitely better than the NrT's....I just can't use towers in my room, so I try not to think about them.

Same family of sound, accuracy/neutrality, deeper bass extension, fuller sound, and that midrange driver offers more detail. What really stood out was the imaging....pinpoint imaging. If a sound was to be centered, it was dead smack centered...or wherever it should be, with great separation.

We could not compare the Sierra NrT to the towers directly via A/B switching because Dave only had one pair of the tweeters available...which both the NrT and tower used.

If we make another trip there, maybe Dave will let me take some pictures.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The towers were definitely better than the NrT's....I just can't use towers in my room, so I try not to think about them.

Same family of sound, accuracy/neutrality, deeper bass extension, fuller sound, and that midrange driver offers more detail. What really stood out was the imaging....pinpoint imaging. If a sound was to be centered, it was dead smack centered...or wherever it should be, with great separation.

We could not compare the Sierra NrT to the towers directly via A/B switching because Dave only had one pair of the tweeters available...which both the NrT and tower used.

If we make another trip there, maybe Dave will let me take some pictures.
    Pics, pics, pics, pics

Hi Dave:

Just sent you a PM and an email wanting to be in the queue for the NrT upgrade kit for my Sierra-1s. Only question is whether I should upgrade all 5 of my Sieras or just the Mains and Center? Will the upgrade be that critical for my surrounds...any opinions?

Dave personally visited my house with the tower speakers few nights ago. However I woke up from my dream before I was able to hear them . I should of took pictures.

What happened to Dave? Must be in his mad scientist laboratory cooking up some more experiments to tease us with!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    What happened to Dave? Must be in his mad scientist laboratory cooking up some more experiments to tease us with!
    Sorry - been a very difficult past 6 days. We lost a loved one.

Working hard to get caught up now as I settle back into the daily grind.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
    It's sad isn't it? Such great music ruined... I can't understand why there isn't a re-release of this great record, by anyone who gives two cents about sound quality... It would probably sell a lot, pretty much everyone who bought that record would probably buy it again so they could at least listen to the damn thing
    I would most certainly purchase a remastered version!

Quote Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
    I'm somewhat skeptical that the new Sierras can make it sound good...
    Oh -- I wouldn't say the Sierra-1 NrT can make this CD sound good (nothing could), but the CD does sound better when compared to the standard Sierra-1.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by edmondwolfman View Post
    If a new customer like me was to go ahead and order Sierra-1s I could listen to them and then do the upgrade and be able to do a direct comparison...I would know how they both sound.
    Most definitely. In this case, it would be best to upgrade one of the two speakers and then do a direct A/B monaural comparison between the two of them.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Will the Q plugs still function the same with the upgrade?
    Yes -- Q-plugs will function as designed, there is no change to the low end of the speaker or the port tuning.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com