Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Hey Eric,
    Thanks again for selling me the sierras. My towers in piano black ship in a few days, I will post some pics for you once they arrive.

Take care,
    Brandon
    You got it--we must have similar taste. I'm definitely thinking about going piano black this time around. Can't wait to see the pics (and more importantly, impressions on the sound!).

Dave
    How about an update on the Towers?
    any info would be great

Mark
    Bunch of speakers

Smile Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Hey Guys,
    To answer both of your questions (avsnoob & reflectiuons1).
    My pair of towers was scheduled to ship this week but I leave for vacation soon and i did not want them arriving after I had left, so rather they will arrive sometime early March. I will definitely post pics and impressions of course after they are setup. Try calling ascend to be sure you made the pre-order list.

I cant wait!

Brandon
    Brandon i heard that your spkrs were being shipped today ups ground. How many days before you expect to receive them????? Can't wait to see pictures and see what you think of the sound !! Thanks Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Reflections1 View Post
    Brandon i heard that your spkrs were being shipped today ups ground. How many days before you expect to receive them????? Can't wait to see pictures and see what you think of the sound !! Thanks Rich
    Hey Rich,
    From my understanding Dave planned to ship them out later today (no tracking info from UPS yet). This is of course if he lets them go, he had grown quite fond of them
    My thought is that they should arrive either next Thursday or Friday(Cal to WI). I will snap a bunch of pics and slowly post impressions after more listening time.
    Are you thinking of getting some yourself?

Brandon

Hey Rich,
    From my understanding Dave planned to ship them out later today (no tracking info from UPS yet). This is of course if he lets them go, he had grown quite fond of them
    My thought is that they should arrive either next Thursday or Friday(Cal to WI). I will snap a bunch of pics and slowly post impressions after more listening time.

Brandon
    Brandon (or perhaps this is a DaveF request) - what is the approximate price for the speakers? Last I read, it was "about 2k" a pair.

Thanks.

Exclamation Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Hey Rich,

Brandon

Thanks for confirming that about the speakers. Yes i am thinking about it. Almost bought the Song Towers but am waiting for reviews about the sound of the Towers. I first was close to buying the Monitor Audio Gs series due to the fact they are being replaced by the Gx series and the price decrease. I presently have Monitor Audio Rs6 fronts,rslcr center and Rs1 rears with Marantz sr6003 receiver and Emotiva xpa-5 amp, av123 mfw-15 sub and oppo Bdp83SE player. I'm sure that the towers and the new center would definitely be an upgrade.

Thanks Rich

Quote Originally Posted by kma100 View Post
    Brandon (or perhaps this is a DaveF request) - what is the approximate price for the speakers? Last I read, it was "about 2k" a pair.

Thanks.
    I cannot say for sure what the final cost will be due to some switching of finishing vendors at the end, but your figure listed is very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflections1 View Post
    Thanks for confirming that about the speakers. Yes i am thinking about it. Almost bought the Song Towers but am waiting for reviews about the sound of the Towers. I first was close to buying the Monitor Audio Gs series due to the fact they are being replaced by the Gx series and the price decrease. I presently have Monitor Audio Rs6 fronts,rslcr center and Rs1 rears with Marantz sr6003 receiver and Emotiva xpa-5 amp, av123 mfw-15 sub and oppo Bdp83SE player. I'm sure that the towers and the new center would definitely be an upgrade.

Thanks Rich
    Rich,
    No problem. I actually had placed the order for the Songtowers as well about 18 months ago and shortly after spoke with Dave and I opted to wait for his project to finish and canceled the Salks If you can, I would wait for the Towers. Unfortunately there might not be a whole lot of reviews for a while yet being they are not formally released.

Brandon

Just a quick update.....

My towers shipped!

Just a quick update.....

My towers shipped!
    You should start a twitter feed to keep everyone updated :-)

But seriously, would love to get your impressions on the speakers - fit, finish, and of course the sound. Both, pro's and con's would be really appreciated. I am on the cusp of getting new speakers and while the Sierra-1 NrT are on my list, so are the Salk Songtowers and now the Sierra Towers (not sure if that is the official name?).

Look forward to your review!