Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Thanks. Hopefully it won't be any more. I had to wait on my taxes to come before I could order.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Samsung PN50A550 50" Plasma
    Denon 3808CI Pre/Pro
    Emotiva XPA-5
    Sierra 1 R & L
    Sierra 1 CC
    Axiom QS8's Surrounds
    Sub Outlaw LFM1-Compact & ED A2-300
    OPPO BDP-83, PS3 & Wii

Smile Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Have any of the first production run tower speakers been finished or shipped?? Is their an actual date when that is supposed to happen??
    Thanks for any and all information .

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    I'm not Dave but might be able to shed some light.
    I believe the first batch for customers came in at around $170 per speaker, the next round may increase a bit.

I believe Dave posted elsewhere the next shipment of NrT's will arrive in another 4-6 weeks roughly.

You can of course keep the old parts but Ascend offers a 5% discount if you return them on your next purchase.

Hope this helps,
    Brandon
    Hi Brandon: Did you receive your towers yet? Please don't forget to share pictures of your towers. I have sent DaveF and to sales@ascend... couple e-mails to be on the pre-order list last week, but haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by avsnoob10 View Post
    Hi Brandon: Did you receive your towers yet? Please don't forget to share pictures of your towers. I have sent DaveF and to sales@ascend... couple e-mails to be on the pre-order list last week, but haven't heard back from anyone yet.
    Hey Guys,
    To answer both of your questions (avsnoob & reflectiuons1).
    My pair of towers was scheduled to ship this week but I leave for vacation soon and i did not want them arriving after I had left, so rather they will arrive sometime early March. I will definitely post pics and impressions of course after they are setup. Try calling ascend to be sure you made the pre-order list.

I cant wait!

Brandon

doh, I sent an email to get on the pre-order list too but haven't heard anything.

Well, I'm excited that they are shipping soon. Wasn't planning to buy for another couple weeks anyway.

For anyone that gets them, we need pictures asap!

going back to the monster center talk, the media stand I'm about to buy only has about 9" of height. Bah.

Dave, could you make the center stout enough to let a 50" plasma sit on top? Those bastards are like 80 lbs, but putting the tv on top of the center would eliminate most issues for me at least.

ebh, FWIW I have a 50" plasma sitting on top of a 340SE right now. It's been there for about 8 months without any problems. So I would figure that the new center would be plenty solid enough for a plasma on top.

Please forgive me if this has been covered already. Will the new towers have binding posts for bi-amping? Tripath or Class D power is what I would be thinking. I have a couple of TA2022 Tripath based amps that are super warm and tubey

Received confirmation for getting on the tower pre-order list yesterday. Huzzah. Now the waiting begins.

Can't wait to see pictures of the final product (especially would like to see how the natural bamboo looks compared to piano black on the tower).

Quote Originally Posted by ebh View Post
    Received confirmation for getting on the tower pre-order list yesterday. Huzzah. Now the waiting begins.

Can't wait to see pictures of the final product (especially would like to see how the natural bamboo looks compared to piano black on the tower).
    Hey Eric,
    Thanks again for selling me the sierras. My towers in piano black ship in a few days, I will post some pics for you once they arrive.

Take care,
    Brandon