Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Curtis, are you still rocking that Epson rear pro?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
    Of course. I'll try to do that this evening.
    As promised, here are my reactions...

I heard the Sierras for the first time just a few weeks ago. I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked, but I was very impressed. In an email to Dave, I think I used the woods "eye opening.". I was pretty excited to hear the Nrt and tower speakers on Sunday, but I was also wondering whether I would notice any difference. Well, I did. The Siera Nrt is a noticeable improvement over the Sierra. The mids and highs had much greater clarity and presence. I wasn't listening to speakers as much as listening to music. Imaging was excellent as well.

As for the tower, everything I said applies, and more. The three-way design adds even more to the virtues of the stand mounted unit.

Dave, thanks for the great day, and the opportunity to get a look into what is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^S View Post
    Curtis, are you still rocking that Epson rear pro?
    Ya see...people even make fun of my TV!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Have you seen the Sierra thread on AVS and what a non-Ascend owner posted of the listening session?

If I can get the towers to work in my room...that's the route I will go. It will take some planning with my finances though. I want to get a new TV first.
    I haven't seen posts from other forums, I'll go look for it.

I've seen several discussions where people say in general its easier to get a 2 way speaker to sound better than a 3 way because the crossover is much easier to do, that when you have a 3 way and you adjust one of the crossovers it may affect the other. I think it was Dennis Murphy over at the Salk site.

From a couple of the reviews is sounds like Dave had no problem working out the crossovers for his new 3 way

I doubt he had no problems. The results, however, are superb.

I am sure Dave had issues to deal with. He mentioned that from the first time I/we heard the prototype tower a month or two ago, he made a half dozen changes, but did not get the results he wanted from them.

From those of us that have experienced Ascend's products, we know that Dave does exceptionally well with his engineering and designing. This is Ascend's first tower and three-way, and it is superb...and it is only going to get better when it is in its final form.
    Last edited by curtis; 09-01-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
    As promised, here are my reactions...

I heard the Sierras for the first time just a few weeks ago. I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked, but I was very impressed. In an email to Dave, I think I used the woods "eye opening.". I was pretty excited to hear the Nrt and tower speakers on Sunday, but I was also wondering whether I would notice any difference. Well, I did. The Siera Nrt is a noticeable improvement over the Sierra. The mids and highs had much greater clarity and presence. I wasn't listening to speakers as much as listening to music. Imaging was excellent as well.

As for the tower, everything I said applies, and more. The three-way design adds even more to the virtues of the stand mounted unit.

Dave, thanks for the great day, and the opportunity to get a look into what is coming.
    David,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I was very pleased that you were in attendance. You MUST bring your speakers next time
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by edmondwolfman View Post
    I haven't seen anyone say something like "wow that tower is so much better than the standmounts" or "the difference in the Sierra-1 NrT and the tower aren't so great that I have to move to the towers".
    Probably because we never directly compared the towers to the Sierra-1 (either standard or NrT) and come to think of it, we probably should have.... Next time...

Quote Originally Posted by edmondwolfman View Post
    Oh and does Dave think the towers will be for sale this year?
    That is a tough one and I will give you my most honest answer... It is indeed possible. Many variables that are not in our control are at work here (so many vendors to deal with).
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by cacophony777 View Post
    How tall is that prototype tower?
    With the removable base attached, total height will be approximately 44".
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com