Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by sbeveraggi View Post
    How do you think Sierras NrT will compare with Paradigm Signature S2 v3?
    I know these are much more expensive, but want to know how close to those I could get with the upgrade....
    Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Studio 20s. I thought the Sierras were better in pretty much every other way, but missing a little sizzle at the top end. I thought the Paradigms might actually be a little too harsh at the top end for longer listening, but there's still a crispness there that the Sierras lack that I think could be achieved without being as harsh, and that sounds like what you're saying you have with the NrTs, so I would LOVE that. Done! Can't wait to hear 'em!
    sbeveraggi,

I would say SunByrne has summed up my personal opinion between the two quite well. I will add that the Sierra-1 NrT has a cleaner, more open and transparent midrange than the stock Sierra-1 and the new tweeter provides about as much sizzle and crispness that is possible without sound harsh. I would place it somewhere in between the stock Sierra-1 tweeter and the Studio 20 tweeter. It is not metal so it won't have the same amount of sizzle, but it also will not suffer from ringing, which is why metal domes -- even the best of them -- can sound fatiguing over time, especially at loud volume levels.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Slightly off topic......

Curtis, your PM box is full

Anybody in the SoCal area interested in hearing the Sierra NrT and the prototype tower?

We are planning a listening session for Sunday, August 29th at Ascend. Other speakers will be welcomed as well.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Guys -- the design is not 100% complete just yet and I hate to post anything publicly that may or may not be representative of the final version.
    What kind of timeframe are you looking at on the towers? Dont need eact numbers, just a general timeframe. I said a few years ago, after i bought some of the 340s and 170s, that if you guys ever made some towers i would buy a set of them. Knowing now that you are working on some gets me all excited!

Are we looking at seeing some within the next month or two...six months...within the next year? Or are they a couple years out for consumers?

Thanks,
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Anybody in the SoCal area interested in hearing the Sierra NrT and the prototype tower?

We are planning a listening session for Sunday, August 29th at Ascend. Other speakers will be welcomed as well.
    As I said elsewhere, I'm planning on coming. Any particular time in mind?

I think right now we are planning for about 10am to start...but when things firm up, I will let you know.

It will be good to see you.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    What kind of timeframe are you looking at on the towers? Dont need eact numbers, just a general timeframe. I said a few years ago, after i bought some of the 340s and 170s, that if you guys ever made some towers i would buy a set of them. Knowing now that you are working on some gets me all excited!

Are we looking at seeing some within the next month or two...six months...within the next year? Or are they a couple years out for consumers?

Thanks,
    Lucas
    I hate quoting time frames because it then causes additional pressure to hit that deadline and we are going all-out with this product. To quote a classic, we will get there when we get there

Seriously though, 6 months sounds about right.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDucks View Post
    Dave, will there be a horizontal configuration of the upcoming tower for center channel use?
    Many have asked us about this and while I can't say for sure at this point in time, I will say that we are indeed evaluating a few different designs...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
    Btw, what's the plan for the current Sierra-1? Will it still be sold or will the new one replace it? Will the new Sierra be the Sierra-2? What about the tower, has it's name been chosen yet?
    Hi Girgle,

The Sierra-1 will not change at all. There will be an option to add the upgraded tweeter and crossover thus turning the Sierra-1 into the Sierra-1 NrT. In addition, the NrT upgrade kit will be available to all Sierra-1 owners, thus turning their Sierra-1 into Sierra-1 NrT.

With regard to the tower, someone who has been waiting for a very long time suggested calling it the Sierra RT (as in reference tower) I like the name but we haven't finalized anything yet.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I think right now we are planning for about 10am to start...but when things firm up, I will let you know.

It will be good to see you.
    Yeah. It's been quite a while. I'm looking forward to this.