Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Guys -- this new tweeter is expensive, our cost is 3x more than what we pay for our current tweeter and I would estimate that if it were to be sold retail, it would have a price tag around $180 each. The tweeter is a joint venture between us and SEAS and we are the only company that will will ever have it. As far as soft domes go, this is among the very best out there with performance designed specifically for our goals, which is based on our customer feedback. This tweeter also allows us to use a different crossover topology with different slopes and not only is the difference in the highs dramatic -- the midrange is remarkable and the Sierra-1 NrT will be about 1/2dB more efficient with a frequency response that is now more linear than our CBM-170 (which is a remarkable accomplishment).

This Sierra-1 NrT should provide class-leading performance regardless of the price point. A bold statement indeed, but I welcome anyone to come have a listen for yourself. I hate discussing products that are still a few months away, this is new to us but at least with our demo room now open and the products ready to be heard, people can come and listen for themselves.

No vaporware here
    Sigh, I was thinking of skipping this upgrade because I have absolutely no complaints with the current Sierra SEAS tweeter, but I don't think that will be an option So will the upgrade be a crossover and tweeter swap or will we have to send in the speaker to Ascend? For us poor canucks living in igloos its far more trouble to deice the ski-doo or dogsled and ride with the Sierras halfway through our ice desert wasteland to reach the helipad where we can airlift the Sierras to send them in for the upgrade... And I just happen to know a baby seal who's pretty handy with a soldering gun and screwdriver!
    Last edited by GirgleMirt; 07-12-2010 at 03:23 PM.