Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
    PM sent, with a bonus question in the pm!

Btw, is there a ballpark date when the upgrades will be available? As in, a few weeks or is it more like a few months?

edit: "I hate discussing products that are still a few months away", so still a few months away it sounds like...
    Ballpark date -- this depends on 2 items. SEAS production (they are always a bit slow and they are on holiday right now until Aug 2nd and how we ship the parts... Shipping from Norway by ocean typically takes from 3 weeks to 1 month.

If we ship everything by air (which is an option), the final cost of the upgrade will increase by what I estimate to be between $5 - $10 each, to cover the huge expense of air-shipping this many parts. When all parts are ready and I can evaulate the cost of both shipping options, I will probably let you guys decide by which method we ship. Air-shipping will certainly shave about 3 weeks off the wait, but it will cost you (and us) a bit more.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Californication, while one of my all time fav CD's, is recorded very poorly.
    It's sad isn't it? Such great music ruined... I can't understand why there isn't a re-release of this great record, by anyone who gives two cents about sound quality... It would probably sell a lot, pretty much everyone who bought that record would probably buy it again so they could at least listen to the damn thing I'm somewhat skeptical that the new Sierras can make it sound good... One of my all time favorite bands, Modest Mouse, also has that kind of poor recording, albeit at a slightly lesser level... That was probably one of my worst deceptions when first spending time with good speakers, finding out how so many records are flawed and simply aren't worthy to play on a good stereo...

For shipping, I wouldn't mind either way, still have the Sierras so it's not urgent, and 5-10$ isn't a lot on a ~350$ purchase... Oh but that's per unit, so 10-20$ for 2 or 15-30$ for 3... Guess I wouldn't mind waiting a couple weeks then!

If a new customer like me was to go ahead and order Sierra-1s I could listen to them and then do the upgrade and be able to do a direct comparison...I would know how they both sound

Dave I sent you a PM this morning but I know you are busy so I'm not rushing you just giving you a heads up.
    Last edited by edmondwolfman; 07-15-2010 at 05:03 PM.

PM and email sent!
    If it's only $5-$10 more to air ship, that's not horrible.
    Will the Q plugs still function the same with the upgrade?
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Hi Dave, is the improvements in frequency response due solely to the new tweeter and crossover?

I remember we discussed once how the diffraction off the edge of the cabinet caused some deviations in the FR. So the new tweeter and crossover was able to compensate for that? If so, that's pretty cool!

The difference in the two Sierras is significant, and I am definitely upgrading. When we were listening, we had had one speaker as a reference which we compared to the old/new tweeter/crossover--and the difference was significant, much greater, I think, than the difference between the 340 and the Sierra.

Thumbs up Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by pj- View Post
    The sooner you announce the price of the sierra upgrade the sooner I can plan how much beefaroni I'm gonna have to eat in the next 6 months..
    LMAO

Thumbs up Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by mziegler View Post
    The difference in the two Sierras is significant, and I am definitely upgrading. When we were listening, we had had one speaker as a reference which we compared to the old/new tweeter/crossover--and the difference was significant, much greater, I think, than the difference between the 340 and the Sierra.
    Sounds awesome!

Dave........your killing me

Any chance for magnetic grills?

So, Dave.......

Any info on how to reserve your spot for the upgrade? Thought I saw you posted on AVS about having new info for that.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables