Quote Originally Posted by sbeveraggi View Post
How do you think Sierras NrT will compare with Paradigm Signature S2 v3?
I know these are much more expensive, but want to know how close to those I could get with the upgrade....
Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
Studio 20s. I thought the Sierras were better in pretty much every other way, but missing a little sizzle at the top end. I thought the Paradigms might actually be a little too harsh at the top end for longer listening, but there's still a crispness there that the Sierras lack that I think could be achieved without being as harsh, and that sounds like what you're saying you have with the NrTs, so I would LOVE that. Done! Can't wait to hear 'em!
sbeveraggi,

I would say SunByrne has summed up my personal opinion between the two quite well. I will add that the Sierra-1 NrT has a cleaner, more open and transparent midrange than the stock Sierra-1 and the new tweeter provides about as much sizzle and crispness that is possible without sound harsh. I would place it somewhere in between the stock Sierra-1 tweeter and the Studio 20 tweeter. It is not metal so it won't have the same amount of sizzle, but it also will not suffer from ringing, which is why metal domes -- even the best of them -- can sound fatiguing over time, especially at loud volume levels.