Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Hi Dave,
    I visited AVS after a long time and it was worth it :-) SInce the cat is out of the bag about upcoming new sierra-1 and tower, I was wondering how can we get more information about this?

Can the existing Sierra-1 owners upgrade their speakers with new parts? (Just like a program that you had for 340-SE?)

Like many, my room/family might not be receptive to towers, but you never know :-) I know that there's a good market for towers out there and I'm glad that Ascend is entering this market.

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

I heard about this over the last few days and am excited! From my understanding, the original Sierra-1 will continue for sale in addition to the new Sierra-NRT and floorstander, with a NRT upgrade available for the Sierra-1. Since my original Sierra-1's are sitting in their shipping box right now, I hope these are announced soon so I can have the upgrade done before I move to our new house and set them up!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Dave, is a Sierra NRT Tower in the works?

Both are nearing completion from my understanding. I believe Dave is waiting on the new tweeter which will be a few months yet. This new tweet is needed for both the Tower and NrT Sierra-1.

The current Sierra can be upgraded(new crossover and tweeter).

As mentioned over at AVS, this Tower is a 3-way, with a dedicated mid range driver.

I have been waiting for these for a very long time....just ask Dave!!!

Maybe Dave will chime in with more details, I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Brandon

What are the driver size for the towers? Bass extension? Sensitivity? Will they also use bamboo or will these use MDF? Inquiring minds want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
    What are the driver size for the towers? Bass extension? Sensitivity? Will they also use bamboo or will these use MDF? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Based on Dave's comment over at AVS about starting a thread here answering any questions, I will respond hopefully without stepping on his toes: (Dave, if this is not acceptable, please let me know).

Drivers:
    2 sierra-1 drivers
    new mid range driver
    new NrT from SEAS
    I dont know specs, but there will be a bamboo version and maybe an mdf version to keep costs down.

I would LOVE to see pics of the prototype Sierra Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Based on Dave's comment over at AVS about starting a thread here answering any questions, I will respond hopefully without stepping on his toes: (Dave, if this is not acceptable, please let me know).

Drivers:
    2 sierra-1 drivers
    new mid range driver
    new NrT from SEAS
    I dont know specs, but there will be a bamboo version and maybe an mdf version to keep costs down.
    A MDF version would be perfect if priced good.

A couple questions about the new tower model:

What speakers do you see as the core competition?
    How do you see your tower comparing to the competition? (differences, tradeoffs, etc)

Thanks!
    Last edited by cacophony777; 07-11-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cacophony777 View Post
    A couple questions about the new tower model:

What speakers do you see as the core competition?
    Difficult to answer this while we still don't have a price point. I will say we are aiming very high with this speaker and it is our intention to be able to favorably compete with any tower speaker in the less than $5K range.

Quote Originally Posted by cacophony777 View Post
    How do you see your tower comparing to the competition? (differences, tradeoffs, etc)
    Our products have always been about sound quality and neutrality. I will say this, I have listened to a huge number of loudspeakers out there and only a few have ever really impressed me all that much. These new products have thus far fully exceeded my expectations and have thoroughly impressed me. In fact, I would say that the upgraded Sierra-1 will lay waste to many "high-end" towers out there.

At this point, I invite anyone to come to our facility, bring your speakers and do the A/B comparson yourself. I would prefer if others posted their thoughts rather than I as I might sound too enthusiastic and I prefer to remain low key about these things.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com